Chapter 21

The blond-haired boy frowned as he watched Marinette leave with Luka, a large fury burning in his chest. Why did Marinette prefer Luka over him? He was a model, and Luka is some random boy in the streets of Paris.
"Adrikins!"

Adrien groaned as he heard the familiar high pitched squeal of his childhood friend. "Hey, Chloe." The blond huffed.

"Do you want to hang out after school? We haven't gone out in a long time!"

"No, Chloe. I am not going out with you."

"Aww~ Why's that?"

Adrien huffed his gaze flickering to the bakery where the bluenette and her boyfriend were walking inside of and back to Chloe. "I have plans."

0~0

Marinette and Luka walked into the bakery, the fresh smell of pastries hitting their face.
"Are those macaroons I smell?" Luka asked, a small smile on his face.

"Yep!" Marinette grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen and laughed as his eyes lit up when he saw the large tray of pink and blue macaroons sitting on the table. "I made them for you before I left for school. I asked my dad to take them out of the oven once they were ready." Marinette's smile widened as she watched Luka grab handfuls of macaroons, and shove them in his pocket.
"You're such a child." Marinette teased him before walking out of the bakery's kitchen and heading towards the door that led to the staircase. "I'll be upstairs if you need me."

"I'll be up in a minute!" Luka called back only half-listening.

Marinette shook her head but smiled before walking back up the stairs and towards her living room. She grabbed the remote and began to scroll through different channels before she heard a soft creak. At first, the bluenette didn't think much of it, but she felt a sudden chill go down her spine. She looked around but saw nothing. She shook her head trying to convince herself that nothing was wrong. So she turned her attention back to the television. Then she heard footsteps behind her. Before she could turn around, she felt gloved hands cover her eyes causing a surprised squeak to escape her lips. "L-Luka?" She asked hopefully.

"Guess again~"
Marinette froze. She knew this voice. It was the voice of her partner. The voice of her superhero friend. She felt his hands gently leave her face and firmly grab her shoulders, forcefully turning her around to face him.
"Hello, Marinette."

0~0

Luka gazed at the small box in his hand. The red velvet coating reflecting the rich shine of the box, a small heart carved on the top. He opened the lid to reveal a ring. It had a twisting pattern with tiny diamonds littering the metal, while the center had a larger diamond. He had been saving up for this ring for when she graduated. He knew that it was two years away, but he wanted to get the best ring he could find. He smiled as he gazed down at the beautiful piece of jewellery, before placing it back in his backpack and grabbing the small bag of macaroons he had set aside.

He walked through the door that led to the staircase before he reached the door that led to the living room. He froze. There was a muffled screaming coming from the other side. It sounded like Marinette. He burst through the door. He stood, shocked. His heartbeat rapidly as the scene before him unfolded. Chat Noir was pinning Marinette to the wall, her arms to her sides, and her clothing was ruffled and slightly torn as if she had tried to defend herself, but clearly failed. She had a horrified look on her face as she was struggling against Chat's grip, while tears ran down her face. What was worse was that Chat Noir was kissing her.

Luka's heart was torn. He knew that Marinette wasn't to blame, but he still felt betrayed.

Chat turned as soon as he noticed his presence. Marinette followed the black cat's gaze, only for her face to shift from one of terror to one of relief. She once again struggled against his grip, taking advantage of the distracted cat, to escape. Once she was free, she ran towards Luka, tears streaming down her face.

"Marinette, are you alright?" Luka asked the bluenette.

She nodded before clinging onto his shirt. Luka turned his gaze back to Chat Noir, only to a fear striking sight. Chat's fists were clenched. His head was hanging down low, but his gaze was fixated on Luka. His belt-like tail was flicking back and forth as he took a few steps towards the two.
"Get. Out." Chat growled.

Luka didn't answer. Standing his ground, Luka watched as the blond took a few steps closer.
"Get out!" Chat Noir looked up, his death like glare pinned on Luka.

"Is this what you want to become?! Some kind of monster?!" Luka cried out but to no avail.

"GET OUT!" Chat Noir flung himself at Luka. The black and blue-haired boy ducked as his clawed hand grazed his cheek, and watched as the black cat landed on a small table, knocking down a photo of Marinette.

"Mari! Go to your room!" Luka turned to face the bluenette, not sure if she was safe or not.
The girl nodded and ran up the thin steps and walked into the trap door, locking it behind her.

"What the hell is your problem?" Chat's voice was low.

Luka turned to face the hero. "What's my problem?" Luka clenched his fist. "You can't just waltz in here and think that you can take anything you want just because you're a hero! You may be famous, but you cannot just come and go as you please. Even hero's like you have some standards!" Luka huffed. "You're exactly like that wannabe model."

This seemed to snap something inside of Chat Noir. The black cat hissed and flung himself at Luka once more. "That 'wannabe model' is only trying to win the heart of the girl he loves!"

Luka dodged the attack, before pulling on the cats tail. "Well, the girl he loves is dating someone else! So unless she breaks up with him, that model can't really be with her, now can he?"

Chat hissed once more, before clawing at Luka's hand. "You don't even know her! I've known Marinette longer than you think!"

"I know that!" Luka cried out. His eyes were now filled with tears.
Why was everyone against him being with Marinette? Was he not good enough for her? Was he really that bad of a person for people to think he didn't deserve to be with Marinette?

A/N: Hey you guys! So, I'm sorry I'm not that active on Wattpad anymore. I wrote this last minute, actually, and it's currently midnight for me. It's just that life's been a bit hectic for, not only me but just about everyone. Probably most of you reading this are going through the same thing. There's been a huge panic in my city considering our schools closed down for a month since the coronavirus reached Virginia. We can't even go to a random store without having a whole line of people crowding the entire place. Anyways, I'm really sorry for posting later than usual, but I just hope everyone stays safe, and I hope that anyone reading this is doing well. 

Stay safe <3

-Dweller