3 | GREEN EYED SERPENT

With Draco's hand over her mouth, the tension was unbearable, they were trapped. It wasn't the type of trapped where you wanted to run for your life, it was the type of trapped where you didn't know how to act. One tiny movement could ruin everything, Leah and Draco stood still, obviously wanting to capture this moment.
"Dray, I think Filch has gone."
"Come on Leah, I'll walk you back to your common room." Draco put his arm around her shoulders as they crept back to the Gryffindor common room.
"I don't want you walking back to the dungeons alone."
"Shush, I'll be fine, go and get some sleep. We can't have you tired for your first day of class." He gave her a kiss on the forehead and went to the dungeons.
"Caput Draconis" Leah muttered.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"Wake up!" Shouted a familiar voice.
"Hermione?" The tired girl questioned
"Come on, get ready."
"Hermione, wait for me? I'll be 5 minutes."
"Fine." She huffed and sat down. Leah used a quick spell to tame her puffy hair and went to the bathroom to get changed, makeup wasn't necessary, school wasn't that important.
"I'm ready!" She exclaimed and looped her arm through Hermione's.
"So, where did you sneak off to last night?"
"I-I thought you were asleep."
"No, I was reading and I put my light out when you got up. Come on, who did you sneak out to meet?"
"Promise you won't freak?"
"Me? Freak? Never."
"Draco Malfoy."
"WHAT. YOU SNUCK OUT TO MEET THAT SLIMY FERRET."
"Hermione, breathe. He's my best friend, but I'll admit he does resemble a ferret." She chuckled lightly to herself.
"If you're happy, you're happy; but if I hex him don't go crazy."
"Deal." They walked to the great hall arm-in-arm giggling away. Hermione asked Mcgonagall for their schedules. "So what classes do you have?"
"Divination, Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures."
"I have the same except for Herbology."
"Okay that's fine, let's eat."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Leah, Harry and Ron walked into Divination and sat at a table. "Anyone seen Hermione?"
"Ron, how could you have lost your wife, it's only first lesson!?" Leah said, holding back her laughter.
"She's not my- ugh! Why do i even bother?"
"I don't know mate," Harry laughed patting him on the back, " I really don't know." Professor Trelawney began to talk, Leah switched off. She wasn't stupid, but divination really. She only took it for the easy A. Leah couldn't wait until she got to do alchemy, it was her favourite by far.
"Leah, wake up." Harry stated waving a hand in front of her face. "We have to read tea leaves."
"Bull-crap, ooo look it's a leaf, this symbolises that I am secretly a tree." The boys burst out laughing but attempted to put it at to a stop when the professor arrived.
"You aura is pulsing! Are you in the beyond? I think you are!" The cooky professor exclaimed.
"Sure?" Said a baffled Ron Weasley.
"Look at the cup, tell me what you see!"
"Oh yeah... well, Harry's got sort of a wonky cross.. that's trials and suffering. And uh, that there, that could be the sun, and that's happiness... so you're gonna suffer and be happy about it?" Harry gulped 'sorry mate,' Ron mouthed.
"The other cup, boy what is in the other cup?"
"Oh okay.. well, Leah's got an bird, so she's going to get good news? And there's what I think is a club, so you're good news is that you're going to get beat up?"
"Silly boy, hand me both cups. Ah girl, you have the kite, use your wishes carefully." She said with what looked like a failed attempt at a wink. "Ah dear boy! You have the grim! Beware!" Leah burst out laughing, I mean come on! It's an empty cup of tea, It can't tell the bloody future. This class was a complete waste of time.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

It was lunch, Leah's favourite lesson, as she walked into the great hall; she spotted Harry, he looked stressed.
"What's up?" She asked, placing a comforting hand on his back.
"I can't help but think, I mean, Leah I was predicted the grim."
"Harry, you are not going to die. No way in hell."
"But what if she was right."
"She's not, she's a crazy old lady who pretends she can see the future." Leah gave Harry a hug, just to calm him down.
"T-Thanks." Harry stuttered, red as a tomato.
"Any time, i'm always going to be here for you."
"Promise?"
"Promise." They had only known each other for a day, but it felt like a lifetime. Their bond was strong. Leah knew there was only one think that could change that. Draco Malfoy. And funnily enough, he was glaring at the two from across the hall. If Harry knew how close the two were, it would cause distance.

Leah hated distance, she had been distant from Draco for three years, she hated it. Leah always said that "life is too short to hate." She only hated one thing, it was unbearable. Harry and Draco didn't get along to say the least, they despised each other, she had heard stories of the two. How they never left each other alone.

Leah couldn't help wonder that maybe Draco envied Harry. He had it the fame that Draco wanted, but more importantly, Harry was parentless. Draco loves his mother, but sometimes he wished both were dead. He knew his father's reputation, he knew he would get dragged into the 'family's business' and Draco despised it, but he would have no choice.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Leah had a free period before care of magical creatures, so she decided to go to the library. Not many people knew of Leah's passion for reading, only Draco knew of.

Malfoy had seen Leah and Harry at lunch and felt strange, he couldn't name the feeling, but he did not like it. He knew Leah would be in the library, so he grabbed Pansy and took her there. As he entered he saw Leah with her nose in a book. Aww she's so cute. No Draco, focus. He mentally prepared himself for the task at hand.
"So princess, how was your summer?" He slyly asked Pansy. Leah's head shot up at the nickname, it was hers, he hadn't once asked about Leah's summer.
"It was good dray, how was yours?" The pug responded, stroking the blondes arm. Dray, Leah was holding back tears. She had heard whispers that he was a man whore, but she didn't want to believe it. Was she just another conquest?
"My summer was good, had a lame ball at the manor, sad you couldn't make it." Pansy giggled and sounded like a seal. That 'lame' ball was where Leah reunited with Draco. Tears fell down her cheeks, before Pansy could respond, Leah strutted over to Draco.
"You, you are-"
"What, what is he?" The pug retorted.
"Just like your father." Leah spat, she didn't mean it, but that's what would hurt him the most. She meant nothing to him, so why should she act all nice.
Back in the library, Draco had paled. Have I just lost my Leah again?

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

AUTHORS NOTE

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I had to add a bit of drama.
What do you think's going to happen?
Did you guys enjoy this chapter?
Any suggestions for further chapters?
Please don't forget to vote and comment!
Thank you xo