He had leaned so far back in the seat such that it was balanced on a precarious angle and could topple off any moment.

Hearing that from him, she slid the knife back, retreating so that the chair wouldn't fall, "good for you or else I would have had to kill you and that would be a shame."

Tim was awed by her swiftness even though she had been rather injured already. He knew that she was quite capable of fending for herself and had no doubt been trained extensively.

But it seemed as if due to her current condition, the swift attack had caused her pain as she dropped her head on Tim's shoulder, clearly exhausted.

Her breathing was erratic as if trying to suppress the pain churning inside her yet she held on to him as if it would somehow help her get better.

With her so close to him, he saw a slight mark under her ear right at the place where her jawline ended. It was just a spot contrasting with her otherwise pale skin.

And probably the only clue he had to finding out her real identity.

He was feeling slightly awkward and the blush was rising up to his cheeks. So in order to hide his nervousness, he asked, "how many of these knives do you have hidden in your suit?"

"Fifteen," she breathed.

"No shit," he mumbled because no wonder the knives were hidden extremely well that it was quite difficult to tell there was something else underneath the skin tight suit.

"And I'm equally capable of using all of them at once so you better watch yourself," at last she drew back from him, propping up the pillow behind her as she sat on the bed, resting her head back.

She let her eyes fall shut for a brief moment, the intense pain that had shot through her abdomen had subsided a bit.

Flashes of last night's events swam in front of her closed lids as she re-envisioned the fight between her and Two Face's whole gang.

"Never pick a battle that isn't yours to fight," her aunt's advice reverberated in her head and she knew she had been right; she had finally learnt her lesson in the form of getting almost beaten up to death.

Though the most confusing part of the whole battle was that just before she had hit unconsciousness, she had seen Red Robin crouching down beside her.

She couldn't recall if he really was there or she had just imagined him but the red on his suit was so vivid that she could almost see it dancing in front of her eyes even then.

She was shaken out of her thoughts by Tim's voice, "do you need anything? A painkiller for instance?"

She turned to look at him, "I'm fine."

"Coffee? Breakfast? Please don't be formal, I know you haven't eaten anything since last night."

"Where did you find me?" Ignoring his offer, she asked at last.

Tim grew silent for a bit for he hadn't really thought of any convincing excuse.

"Well, I... I was passing by the Bowery and I hadn't known that a gang fight had been going on in there. I hid in an alley and waited because it would be foolish to step in right then."

"Did you see me fighting with them?"

"Yes."

"Then you should have turned on your heels and left immediately."

"Look here, Ren, I don't know what you think of me but I consider you as a friend now," he spoke, "I couldn't do anything to help you then but I couldn't leave you alone either."