【76】Andrea's Secret

Start from the beginning

Looking at my options, I walked around the shop, wondering what I should pick. There were so many things and so many choices, I worried the task might be tougher than I intended. My phone vibrated in my back pocket, and I took it out swiftly, knowing it was Lex.

"How are you surviving your imposed day of shopping?" he'd texted. I smiled and decided to tease him back.

"It's not as bad as I thought. Victoria's Secret is having a sale."

I waited for his answer, but nothing came. When the phone finally vibrated again, I was surprised to see it was an incoming call instead of a text. I picked it up with a grin from ear to ear.

"I'm calling to see if you need a consultant," he announced with amusement in his voice. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I think I've got this covered, thanks. But just to be sure, how do you feel about teddies?"

"What on earth is that?"

"It's like a sexy, one-piece swimsuit."

"Oh... I rather enjoy these," he admitted, his voice a little hoarse.

"Noted. What about crotchless panties?" This time I really got him, and he mumbled something inaudible.

"I find them to be time-saving."

"Last question. What's your favorite color?"

"At this point, you could wear lime green and I'd still find it appealing on you, so surprise me."

"All right, surprised you shall be." My eye caught something pretty and teal, and I went to take it out of the rack to gaze at it. "Oh, that's beautiful," I noted out loud. "But I'm not sure I can figure out all the strappy things."

"Andrea, don't go for some brain-teaser garment, or I'll end up ripping it off."

"Aren't you supposedly a genius? It can't be that complicated. Maybe I should just try it on."

There was another moment of silence, and Lex cleared his throat. "As your trusted consultant, I think sending me a picture would be wise."

"Sorry, I don't trust the internet," I humored. He chuckled, and my cheeks heated up with contentment.

"Then send one where you're not in it."

"Oh, smart! Give me a second," I asked, looking around to see if a mannequin had this garment on. I found one, lined up with others on a display, and went to snap a picture of it. I took the pic and sent it, before putting the phone back to my ear. "Done."

There was a moment of nothing, and I heard Lex grumble.

"What is the point of it going all the way to the shoulders, if it doesn't even cover the chest?" he asked, confused and audibly turned on.

"Well, the only perk of having barely any breasts is I don't have to wear bras, so I can afford some creativity."

"I like your breasts." His blunt honesty touched me, and my heart swelled in my chest.

"Thank you, but there isn't much to be liked."

"There's enough. And I'm discovering myself to be an ass man."

"In that case, you got lucky," I joked.

"Several times already, yes." God, I loved his quick and witty humor. "Ah, I'm afraid I have to leave you. I have a double call," he explained suddenly, and I could swear I heard discontent in his voice.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," I said, hiding my disappointment. I'd hoped we could do this for a little longer.

"I like the pink one in the top left corner of the picture," he swiftly noted. "Enjoy your Sunday, Andrea."