Date Night

Chapter 3 “Date night”

            I look at myself in the mirror wearing a black cocktail dress that was showing my curves. I knew I looked good, I did my makeup perfectly and my long brown hair was nice and curly.

            “Emily! Have you seen my shoes?” I call out to her hoping she can hear me wherever she was.

            “Which ones?” she replies back. I follow the sound of her voice to the kitchen.

Finding her making herself some coffee, I say “The red shoes with the straps and the black heel.” I try to explain the details of the shoes according to memory.

“Oh the Jimmy Choos, I think they’re in my closet from when I borrowed them when we went clubbing two weeks ago.” Emily says, taking a sip of her drink.

 I head into Emily’s bedroom. Opening her closet door; I bend down to dig into the big pile of shoes on the floor looking for the specific pair. Emily and me were practically the same height and size, we shared each other’s clothes and shoes.

I find my shoes, grabbing them I then I stand up, closing the closet door.  I walk to the kickten placing one hand on the counter to hold my balance when the other hand was busy placing my shoes on each foot.

Emily takes a long stare at me, “Damn girl! Your gonna make that doctor go nuts with all of that sexiness!”

We laugh. She never makes me uncomfortable; she just says things that she thinks. I respect her for that.

            “Aha! I guess I look alright!” I say with a smirk on my face.

“Alright? You look amazing! You’re going to make him melt!”

“I’ll take your word for it! What are you gonna do when I’m out?” I laugh.

Emily walks to the couch and sits down with her coffee in hand.

“I think I will just sleep early tonight, don’t worry about me! Are you exticited?”

I sit on one of the bar stools.

“More nervous then excited. I’ve probably done this a lot before in my past that I don’t remember, but I feel so inexperienced.  I’ve only dated one guy since a couple months ago because I wanted to see if I would remember anything, but that plan failed.”

“You’ll be fine I’m sure of I-“

DING DONG.

               KNOCK KNOCK.

I get up and walk to the front door looking through the mini circle on our door.

“Its Ben!” I whisper to Emily, “what should I do?”

Emily gets up and places her coffee on the table.

“Just be yourself.”

I open the door, and my mouth forms in a big O, then into a smile.

“Thank you so much, I’ll go put these in a vase. I love flowers!”

I grab the flowers that Ben hands to me, and give him a small light kiss on the cheek.

“Come on in Ben!”

Ben walks in and smiles, “Aria. You look beautiful, and you mus-no let me guess, Emily!”

Emily smiles, “I’m impressed, I didn’t think you’d remember me!”

Emily and Ben haven’t seen each other since a few months ago when she stopped coming with me to hospital because she had found a new love in her life that she had to stalk.