Chapter 14 |Unedited|

"Say something."I tell him, he's been staring at me blankly for an uncomfortable two minutes now. 

His laughter comes unexpected to me, it begins as a soft chortle, but quickly progresses into a full on cackle. It feels I'm being made fun of, although I have every intention of fighting Cora, and I plan to win. Leo noticing my failure to join in his laughter, stops his ridicule and quickly straightens himself and clears his throat "You're serious?" 

"I am" My expression is cold, my annoyance with him growing. "If you're going to belittle me, I'd rather ask someone more capable and willing for help" I shrug, letting him know of my indifference, I would be fine with or without his help. The mood changes almost immediately. My comment had rubbed him the wrong way, but I was tired of his favoritism towards Cora, it was insulting to me. 

"You won't be able to find anyone more capable than me, I can assure you" he whispers this into my ears, the heat of his breath against my neck causes me to shiver in arousal. "Stop that" I say, shying away from him. 

"Stop what?" He says wearing a smirk, he keeps approaching me as I continue to retreat. He was an absolute tease, sometimes I think he has a greater affect on me than I do him. "Stop trying to distract me." 

 "So, you find me distracting?" he's being playful again. I roll my eyes this time, growling and giving him a warning look that he should keep his distance. He laughs putting his hands up in defeat "Fine."  

My cellphone buzzes in my pocket, it's a text message from Imad. His text marvels me, but brings so much joy at the same time. In the message he tells me about his plans to challenge our current Gamma for the title. He'll begin training today and want's to know if I'll join him. I jolt up jubilant to go meet him. Imad would make the perfect Gamma, and given his background, I think he has a good chance of claiming it. I would be elated if he was able to gain even an ounce of what he and his family had lost when we fled our home country. Having Imad as one of our pack leaders is exactly what this pack needs. 

"Who is it?" Leo's staring at the phone in my hand, face scrunched up.  

"Imad wants to meet" I say to him. I wait for him to respond, sort of seeking permission before I leave. It's ridiculous that I feel the need to ask him when he doesn't ask my opinion before he runs off to meet Cora, but I'd be a hypocrite if I went out and did the same. I'm also trying to be more open and honest with him and this is a start, besides, meeting a brother-like figure shouldn't be something I have to hide. 

"What for?" his playful tone from earlier is gone now. "He plans to challenge someone." I say proudly, I can't help but keep a smile on my face, even under Leo's glare.

"I'll see you tonight then" He kisses my forehead and leads us back inside the gates before we part ways, that went easier than I'd expected.

I walk into the oversized gymnasium where both females and men are working out fervently. There was still a shocking amount of people in here given how late in the evening it is.  There is a lot of laughter going on, the atmosphere is pleasant despite finding that some of the people here had tried to assault me early. Everyone seemed so content and comfortable in their bodies and their abilities. 

I searched the room until my eyes land on a tall caramel skinned man. He stood out of course, but also seemed like he belonged. I attempt to sneak up behind him, aiming to give him a hug from behind, but he is able to sense me before I reach him. 

"Hi" he laughs, lifting me into a hug. He pets my hair like he's always done since we were children. "I'm not a pup anymore, stop doing that" I swat his hand away in annoyance. He laughs, getting in one more pat on my head "You're still little to me. How is our Beta? I thought he would have kept you from seeing me." He's doing pull-ups, like a natural.

 "No one has that kind of power, I'll always be there if you need me." I jump up trying to get a grip on the bar above me so I can get a couple pull ups in, but can't reach it. 

"I appreciate that, but don't ever fight with him because of me. If it comes down to it, I would like that you respect his wishes." He's serious. 

"That's strange coming from you, I thought you two don't get along" I stare at him in suspicion. 

"He hates me, not the other way around. Plus, I get it, I wouldn't want my female habitually hanging around an unmated wolf." I don't believe him. Squinting  my eyes, I circle him trying to interrogate him into telling the truth. 

He laughs at my meager efforts to catechize someone of his stature. "Fine, I was honest about the other reason, but if I win the Gamma title and have to work with him, it would be easier if he hated me less." That sounds more truthful. "So I thought, and he doesn't hate you, he's merely being territorial, just give him time."

"How are you feeling by the way? I was scared for you earlier." Thinking back to what had happened, I become angry. "Physically, I'm okay, but I'm ready to start fighting back. Being peacemakers hasn't gotten us anywhere."

"So, what then?" he's looking at me with raised brows. I shrug "I decided I want to challenge Cora for her pack warrior title, and I want to encourage our people to challenge others."

"Cora's title?" his face doesn't read as happy. "Yes, why?" 

"I just hope you're not doing this out of vengeance." 

"Would that be so wrong?" I feel like he is scolding me like a big brother would a sister. 

"I'm saying this because I don't want you to lose sight of who you are. Go for the title, but do so for the right reasons." He leaves me, walking to some other sector in the gym. I think about what he's said and still find myself wanting to go for the title. 

With all the people in the gym, I begin my search for someone that could be my trainer. For a while it's difficult for me to even make eye contact with some people, they either snarl at me or don't acknowledge me at all. I'm in a state of desperation because it's imperative that I find a trainer today because the challenges kickoff in a month. This doesn't give me a lot of time to become skilled enough to beat a person that's been training her entire life, but I'm still willing to try. Even if I lose, I'll be content with the fact that I tried. 

As I'm scanning the room, my eyes finally land on a blonde-haired male close in height to Imad. I don't think I've ever seen him before. His features were chiseled, body lean, arms fit. He's a warrior, I can tell. This is my chance. I approach him hoping for the best. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!

 Thank you all for being so patient, I've been slower at updating than initially intended, so I'll try to be more diligent, but hey, we're almost at 7000 reads!! Thank you to everyone for their support, I've noticed a rise in engagement and appreciate all of your comments. 

Don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter! I use this at times to determine how often an update is needed. 

Best, 

<3<3 Problem_Solveit  <3<3