Chapter 24- Belle

The next two months drew on like butter melting in a room-temperature room. They went by slowly with little to nothing going on with the pack, the members being ordered to stay away from me as well.

I had forced myself to start eating again and gained back some of the weight that I lost. I still had a lack of an appetite, but I knew that I needed to get some weight on my body, especially with what I had planned.

I was leaving here. I didn't care anymore, especially since His Majesty made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me. I was going to live my life the way that I wanted and not let someone "control" me any longer, especially a male who couldn't get his act together and show me the man I knew was in there instead of the beast that was in plain sight.

I was in the kitchen on one of the counters and sipping a cup of tea. My fingers grazed the bottom of the cup, and I was lost in thought, listening to the sound of rain, debating on whether or not I should leave now, knowing that they wouldn't be able to find my dog or me because of it.

Pippa laid under my feet and was snoozing without a care in the world. She didn't know the thoughts that went in my head or why we did some of the things we had done, such as pack food and hide a packed bag in the stall. She didn't understand why I had locked her in the room some, getting supplies such as a bow and arrow, but she had been quiet not to make anyone else aware.

A light tapping at the back door stirred me from my thoughts, and I set the mug down and hopped off the counter, making sure to jump over Pippa, who hadn't even lifted her head toward the door. The tapping became slightly more frantic, and I hurried my pace over to the door, wondering who could be out during this storm.

I peeked out and saw someone, an old crone, standing in the rain, shivering. My heart filled with worry, and I silenced the warning bells that appeared in my head. I fumbled with the lock and opened the door to see an old lady standing there.

"Please," the old crone begged. She held out her hand, and I could tell that she wanted some money, which I didn't have. "Spare some change for an old beggar."

I shook my head and blushed. "I am sorry," I said. "I don't have any money on me." I stepped out of the way and gestured for her to come inside the castle, knowing full well that no one would come into the kitchen because I was still there. "Come in, I can make you a warm plate of food and tea, but that is all I can do."

"You are too kind," the old crone said and shuffled into the kitchen. "Please, let me give you something in return."

I smiled and shook my head. "No, thank you, Madame," I said, closing the door behind her. I gestured for her to take a seat at the only table in here and went to get her something to eat and drink that would help warm her up. "I do not need anything. It's my pleasure to help."

"Please, there has to be something that I can give you," she said, watching me pour her a cup of tea. "Maybe some information that your heart wants?"

My heart clenched in my chest before it started to pound faster than it had been. Questions filled my mind about Werewolves, the king, and how to help the pack become the way they once were. However, I had no idea if she would answer those questions because she was not a Werewolf herself.

Wasn't she?

"Well?" the old crone asked gently. She smiled, giving her thanks when I gave her the tea, and watched me get her something to eat. "What do you want to know?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Forgive me, Madame, but I can not ask," I said, my voice becoming monotoned. I cleared my throat and shook my head, again, not wanting to ask the questions that I sought in fear that she was someone that would cause them harm. "It is not my place to ask, and I do not want to cause harm to my friends."

"And why not?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She watched me put a plate of food in front of her and then gestured for me to sit down across from her. "Please, join me," she said, her voice leaving no room for arguments. "I would appreciate it."

I hesitated but nodded, not wanting to argue with her. "Of course, Madame," I said. I grabbed my cup of tea and sat down across her, watching as she slowly started to eat her food before I looked at my mug, not wanting to appear rude, but I didn't answer her question.

"You know, there are great mysteries in this world, correct?" the old crone, and I nodded, staying silent. "There are creatures that only a few have seen outside of their own." She glanced at me before she went back to her meal, tearing her gaze off of me. "There are things that are called Werewolves." She looked up once more, and I couldn't help but stiffen and shift slightly in my seat. "Do you know about them?" She cocked her head and studied me.

"I have heard about them," I replied, and she nodded, not believing that was the only thing that I had to offer. "Why? Have you?" My voice was small when I asked that question, and I had no idea if she would answer me or not. "If I may ask, Madame."

A warm smile appeared on her face, and she nodded. "Child," she said. She pulled the hood that had covered her face, and instead of an old crone that had sat in front of me, a beautiful woman with very light blonde hair and white eyes stared at me. Compassion filled her eyes, and she studied me with a warm smile on her face, making me feel safe, safer than I had in a while. "I created them."