Chapter 8- Steven

I growled and stormed towards the kitchen, wanting to shut my human side up. I had no idea why he was begging to see her when we would be seeing her at dinner.

'Because you want to see her too,' my Human said, and I growled in annoyance. 'You do, and you know it.'

I didn't reply as I walked near the kitchen. I scowled when I saw both Louis and Dalen sitting out there, talking about my mate. "What are you two doing?" I asked, and they jumped up and bowed. "Why are you out here?"

"She brandished a butcher's knife at us, Your Majesty," Louis said, looking down. "She threatened to cut off our balls if we didn't get out."

"Why?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. I couldn't help but wonder why they were scared of a female. I mean, they had claws and teeth. They should be scarier than her.

Dalen cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. He looked down, not meeting my gaze. "I might have made her angry," he replied, and Louis snickered. "I... questioned her cooking methods, and that leads her to tell us both to get out."

"What cooking methods?" I asked.

"Spices," Louis replied. "They had an argument about spices. She was cutting up some meat while she was at it."

'She sounds strong,' my Human said. 'I think she will be a great queen.'

I growled, and they both lowered their heads. Annoyance filled my body as I walked past the two men. 'She will never get the chance to be queen,' I snarled, and he bristled. 'I will not get my hopes up if I were you.'

"Are you sure you want to go in there, Your Majesty?" Louis asked, and I stopped and glared at him. He cleared his throat, a look of uncertainty on his face. "She is rather dangerous when she is interrupted."

"So, are you saying that she is scarier than me?" I snarled, getting into his face. I ignored my Human's 'dude,' watching him submit. "Well?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. "Do you?"

Hesitantly, Louis shook his head. "No, Your Majesty," he replied, not looking at me. "But, just don't say that I didn't warn you."

I growled out a warning before walking into the kitchen. I didn't care if he was trying to help me or not. I was going to see what she was doing, and no one could stop me.

***

"I swear, if you boys come in here and try to mess up with my recipes, again, then I will take the butcher's knife, cut off your testicles, and cook it with everything else," Belle said from where she was mixing something. Her hair was hanging in her face, but she didn't seem to care.

"And who would you serve it to?" I asked, and she looked up. "My two packmates' testicles?"

"Your Majesty," she gasped out in shock. Her cheeks turned redder as she cleared her throat. "I would have thrown it in the trash, Sire," she said. She placed the mixing bowl on the counter and went to get another pan.

"What are you making?" I asked after my Human kept bugging me to ask. I smelt the air around us, and everything smelt delicious. I realized how hungry I was and wondered if I could take a sample.

'She might cut off your balls if you do,' my Human said, and I growled out in annoyance.

"Different foods," she replied. She grabbed a pan and placed it on the counter. "Right now, I am making some brownies." She dumped the contents into the pan. "Everything else is almost done."

"And what food have you cooked for us?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. I folded my arms across my chest and stared at her. "I hope you know that we can't use utensils."

"I am well aware," she replied. "I have made steak, chicken, and other foods that should be easy for both you and your pack members, Your Majesty."

"Good," I said. "Now, get finished. I am hungry."

"Yes, Your Majesty," she said. "I will have Louis find you when I am done if that is alright."

"That's fine." I narrowed my eyes and scowled. "Why did you threaten to cut off my pack members' testicles?"

She shrugged, putting the brownie in the oven. "They kept getting fur everywhere, and Dalen kept telling me how much spice to put on my meats. However, it wasn't the way that I had been taught, Your Majesty," Belle said. She stood and patted her hands on her jeans. "And, I know what I am doing."

I raised an eyebrow. "Well, they better be good." And with that, I left, ignoring the two men that were by the doors.