Chapter 23- Steven

'You shouldn't have said that,' my human scolded while we watched her leave the kitchen. 'Look. You had hurt her. It's not her fault for her to be related to him, so you shouldn't have said that.'

'I don't care,' I snarled. 'I will say what I want to say when I want to say it. You have no control. Remember? You will never have control ever again.'

My human pursed his lips, and I could feel him getting angry. 'You have no idea if that is true or not,' he said coldly. 'I will gain control over my body and will fix everything that I had messed up.'

I snorted. 'Good luck,' I said sarcastically. I walked out of the kitchen and went to my side of the place. My whole body was stiff and tense, and all I wanted to do was break everything and anything in my path. However, I made sure to keep going forward, not needing to lose any control.

My human growled impressively and willed me to stop the direction that I was going in. He pushed and pushed hard, trying to break out of the box that he had put himself in, but he couldn't.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him back before I continued on my way, gaining control of my body again. 'Nice try,' I sneered. 'Don't try it again.'

'I will if I want to,' he said. He huffed and sulked in the back of my mind. 'You are a dick, do you know that?' he asked. 'You want to make everyone feel as miserable as you.'

'Well, guess what?' I asked. 'This is your fault. You were the one that got us into this mess.' I growled and moved a hand through my fur. Annoyance for my human filled my body, and all I wanted to do was take him out of our shared body and beat the shit out of him. 'All of this is your fault because of the choices that you made.'

'Not the ones that deal with her," my human said. 'Those are on you. They are not on me, no matter what you say.'

I stormed into my office and slammed the door shut. Anger filled my body, and I shoved everything off of my desk. 'It is not,' I snarled and bared my teeth. 'It is hers.'

My human chuckled darkly. 'Why because she is a Schmit?' he asked. 'Get over yourself, Reif,' he said.

I growled and threw a table at a wall and watched it break into a million pieces. 'What the fuck?' I asked snarling. I bared my teeth and narrowed my eyes while I growled again. 'I thought we had agreed that name would never leave our mouths.'

'Reif, Reif, Reif, Reif,' my human said, mockingly. 'Reif, Reif, Reif.'

I snarled and slammed my fist into a wall, leaving behind a hole. 'Shut up,' I snarled. 'Shut up. Shut up. Shut. Up!'

'Why? Why should I shut up when you don't even listen to me?' he asked. 'I have told you a million times to stop, but you don't. Are you that insecure with yourself that you drag both our names through the mud?'

'You started this,' I said. 'You are the one to blame, Steven.'

My human scoffed and rolled his eyes. 'I started nothing with her. That one is all on you.'

I gritted my teeth and growled. 'No,' I stated. 'That was you. If you hadn't s-'

'That doesn't have anything to do with this!' my human roared. Anger filled our shared link, and I punched the wall on his behalf because he had control over me at that second. Another hole in the wall appeared and another, and they were all because of him. 'This doesn't have anything to do with that,' he said again, his voice cracking. Defeat filled the link, and I had a feeling that he thought we lost. 'And you don't care.'

I didn't respond and took full control again and walked over to the desk. I sat down in the chair and sighed, moving a paw over my face. 'I don't care because she will leave us,' I said. 'We're stuck this way. Remember?'

'Yes, but she can break the curse if she begins to love us,' he replied. 'And then we can shift into either human or wolf form. We don't have to be stuck like this, and neither will the pack.' He paused and sighed. 'We're running out of time,' he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

I opened the desk drawer and pulled out the crown that symbolized how much time left we had before we were stuck like this, and a new king or queen had to be appointed. My stomach sank when I saw that it had turned darker than the last time I had looked at it.

'We have three months left until our birthday,' my human said. 'You need to make things right with her. She's our only hope for a life worth living.'

'No,' I said. I placed the crown of jewels back into the drawer and slammed the drawer shut. 'She can suffer. She is a Schmit. We shouldn't be near her kind.' Disgust filled my voice, and I pursed my lips. I did not want to deal with her nor have her as a mate. I'd rather mateless than be mates with her.

My human rolled his eyes and scowled. 'I hope you change your mind, Reif,' he said, and I scowled when he repeated my name. 'Yes, she is a Schmit, but she is still human. She has a heart as pure as gold, and I know that she will make a great queen.'

I huffed and rolled my eyes. Silently, I did agree that she would make a great queen, but I didn't care. I didn't care about her nor anything or anyone. I didn't care about the life that we lived because it wasn't worth living stuck form.

She wouldn't be able to love me, anyway. She was too good for my human and me.

Besides, I screwed up too much for her to ever want me, but my human didn't need to know that I thought that way, for I knew he would give me grief about it with everything else.