Chapter 2

Today is the day. I stare at my closet because I don't have the slightest clue on what to wear. I am sure that people like the twos I work for will be dressed to perfection for this picture. I don't know why I am so nervous, I shouldn't even care about this.
I end up choosing a knee length brown frock. It's simple and plain but it is one of the nicest things I own. I leave my hair down and keep my face makeup free. I am finally ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The line extends all the way down the street. I know that there is no way I will be selected with so many people applying. For some reason this slightly disappoints me.
I look at my mom who is smiling widely. "Oh sweetie they will definitely choose you. You look absolutely stunning."
"Mom there are hundreds of girls signing up. My chances of being picked are so small." I look at the line of people and am surprised to see that we are almost to the front.
Nervousness overtakes me. What if my picture is absolutely horrid?
"Next." I realize they are talking to me. I hand them my forms and sit on the stool.
"On three. 1. 2. 3." The camera snaps.
" Next." The next girl walks up. I meet my mom outside.
"How did it go?" She asks.
"Good. I guess." She smiles and we head home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The TV turns on and The Report starts.
"Hello ladies and gentlemen! I'm Smith Turner your host for the night. We have a very exciting night planned! First we will start with an interview with our very own....Prince Kyler!" My mom squeals with excitement. Kyler walks up and sits on the chair by Smith. I can't help but notice his emerald green eyes that compliment his short brown hair perfectly.
"So Prince Kyler...Are you excited for the Selection?"
"I am really looking forward to meeting all the ladies." He smiles.
" Is there anything specific your looking for in a girl?"
"Someone who is kind, has a great personality, and wants to help others."
My mom gasps, "That is exactly like you!" We both continue to watch.
"Thank you for speaking with us but I'm afraid we must continue on with the show. Everyone, Prince Kyler!"
He sits next to his family and Prince Kieran walks up. Kieran is Kyler's twin who is the younger of the two so he won't be having a Selection.
" Everyone we now have Prince Kieran joining us."
" Smith such an honor," he flashes a charming smile. Kieran is a blonde with eyes as blue as the ocean. Wow he's good looking.
"So Kieran. How does it feel that you don't get to have a Selection?"
"I have to say, my brother is extremely lucky to have this opportunity but I'm sure I will find love when the time is right."
"Thank you for speaking to us," Smith smiles, "and now what you've all been waiting for. Your selected."
"Autumn Cinders of Hansport, two." A picture of a brunette appears on the screen. The Prince smiles. Lots of names are said. Then I hear, "Brynly Bennett of Belcourt, six." I gasp I miss Kyler's reaction but see Kieran smirk.
I can't believe it. I've been selected.