"Next week."

"That's too close." I gasped.

"Don't worry. I'll prepare you for your big day." He winked.

"Umm... Xavier can I invite my friends..you know Lauren, Mrs. Miller, and..." He cut me off and said.

"You can invite who so ever you want. That's going to be your day, plan it as you want." He assured.

"Ari.." He looked at me hesitantly.

"Yes?"

"Er..do you..umm...do you want to invite your mother, Scarlet, and Andrew?" He asked hesitantly.

"Will I become a bad daughter if I say that I don't want them there?" I asked to which he shook his head.

"Then I don't want them there. They're the people who are a huge part of my life but.... they're not my well-wishers, they never wanted me to earn my own name. They were never happy in any achievement. My own mother was never there for me in bad and now I don't want her in my good." I stated with heavy heart, tears were threatening to fall but I blinked them away.

"I'm happy that our parents will be there to support us. Sean and Daniel will be there. My friends will be there. That's enough for me."

Xavier hugged me and kissed my head repeatedly then looked in my eyes.

"I too don't want them there. I don't want them to ruin your mood." He huffed "Forget about them. Let them know through the media. Let them experience the shock of their life." He chuckled.

"And I love it when you call my parents, our parents." He hugged me again.

"Because they are," I mumbled, burying my face in his chest.

From that day on, Xavier started doing whatever he could do to boost my confidence. He did slight changes in my wardrobe. The clothes weren't at all revealing but had a different touch like off-shoulder/one shoulder shirts, pencil skirt, dresses which reach my knees, and so on.

He even arranged many IT department meetings and most of the time it was me who he asked to give presentations. I was hesitant the first day but as the days go by it became my habit to speak in front of people without hesitation.

Xavier, Sean, and Daniel trained me on how to give orders. Including mom and dad, they all started helping me to face my insecurities.

And I was almost ready to face the world.

:::::::::::::

A week later...

The day came when my life was going to take a 180-degree turn. I would no more be Ariana I used to be. Today, the world will come to know about my existence. Today, I'll be given the biggest responsibility that I have ever handled.

So, to welcome the change, I was standing at the backstage of the press conference hall with mom. Xavier and dad were discussing something in the front stage.

Though I have been learning to compose myself since last week. Still, right now I was getting nervous. I was showing that I was calm but only I knew what I was feeling from inside.

"Dear, your hands are sweating. You're worrying too much. Don't do that." I looked at my hand which mom was holding. I immediately pulled my hand away and wiped them with my dress.

"I'm not doing it intentionally, It's happening on its own," I said.

"Should I call Xavi?" She asked, looking at me in worry.

"No!" I replied immediately. "If he gets to know this, he'll not leave me for even a second."

"I understand." She chuckled. "But please try to calm down. Okay? Everything's gonna be alright." She patted my cheek.