Chapter-12

Xavier Knight

Rather than being annoyed, I was amused. I mean, was she really that stupid? She could have taken a few files first, but no, she took all of them in one go. Apart from that, she really surprised me by arriving on time. I thought she would show up late.

Suddenly, the door of my office burst open and two men barged in; two men who never knock before entering my office; two men who are my best friends.

"What the hell man!" Both said in unison.

"Good morning to you too," I greeted them as I stood up from my chair and hugged them but to my surprise, they pushed me away.

"Keep your good morning to yourself." Sean snapped annoyingly.

"What the hell man! You got married and didn't even invite your best friends?" Daniel scowled.

I rub my face with my palms. Why did I even inform them? Because I can't hide anything from them. I sat back on my chair since I knew it was going to be a long talk.

"Seriously Xavier, what was the rush and you haven't even told us who the girl is?" Sean asked annoyingly.

"And I didn't even get the chance to eat the wedding food... because someone decided to get married secretly," Daniel said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. Daniel and food, no one can separate them.

"Seriously Daniel, you are more concerned about the food rather than his marriage?" Sean scowled looking at him, pointing a finger at me.

"Yeah, I mean he already got married without inviting us, we can't do anything about that, but I can always complain about the most important issue, that is..food," Daniel replied.

"Daniel you can eat whatever, whenever and wherever you want. You have got money." I replied to his childish comment.

"Oh..no, no, no, you have no right to speak in the middle of this matter because you got married secretly and no one knows to whom. And the food, you know what free food tastes like? And out of all...wedding food, it carries feelings, love, and emotions." Daniel said the last line dreamily.

Seriously, no one at this moment could say that he was CEO of the USA's topmost company. Sometimes he acts childishly, but of course, only in front of his loved ones.

"Shut up Daniel! And you tell us why and how all this happened." Sean asked in a serious tone.

I sighed and explained to them how I got entangled in this situation.

"Oh!" They both said in unison, nodding their head.

"Just oh! Nothing else?" I asked annoyingly. They don't have anything else to say?

"Yeah, what's done is done. What I don't get is... why your parents choose Andrew Smith's stepdaughter?" Sean asked.

"I am thinking the same. When I asked my parents they didn't tell me the exact reason," I muttered.

"One more thing, you have appointed a new Personal Assistant and that too a woman?" Dean asked in utter surprise.

"Yeah, you had never appointed a woman as your Personal Assistant. You preferred appointing man, what's different this time?" Sean asked

Oh, they have already met her.

"About that...well... erm... she is Andrew Smith's stepdaughter," I said, drumming my fingers on the desk.

"The one you got married to?" Sean asked calmly. I knew it was the calmness before the storm. I nodded my head, biting inside of my cheeks.

"What the hell Xavier!" both snapped in unison. I knew it!