Chapter-50

Xavier Knight

Exiting my suite, I ran to the reception area to ask the staff if they saw my Ariana. I showed them a photo of Ariana which I have on my phone. I clicked photos of her without letting her know. They said that they didn't see her going out of the hotel which made me more worried. I even asked the guards if by chance they saw her but they also denied. Then one of the hotel staff members informed me that he saw her entering the bar of the hotel. I refused to accept that because she always avoids the crowded area, she wouldn't go there. But I decided to give in, what if she really was there?

I entered the bar which was huge and lighted up with neon lights. It was based on the silent disco theme, people there were dancing and drinking with their headphones on. I searched for her in the sitting area and even on the dance floor but she wasn't there. I walked near the bar counter but couldn't find her there. After a failed attempt of searching her, I made my way out of the bar but my steps halted when I saw her sitting in the utmost corner.

All my senses came alive when I looked at her. Without thinking twice I ran to her and kneeling I hugged the life out of her.

"Goodness Ariana you almost gave me a heart attack," I mumbled, kissing her head repeatedly.

"Go away... I'm mad at you." She pushed me away.

"I know you are...wait? Are you drunk?" I asked when I smelled alcohol in her breath.

"Drunk? I don't take alcohol remember? I wanted to drink juice but the bartender said they don't serve plain juice here. Then I searched the menu card & I came through a drink named tequila sunrise shot which contains orange juice so I ordered it but it tasted so bitter. But then I thought that my mood is bitter because of you that's why my taste buds also got bitter. So I drank all the cute little glasses." She blabbered.

"How many cute glasses have you had?" I asked in amusement. Cute glasses? Seriously? I was worried but her cuteness threw my worry away.

"Are eight glasses counted in 'how many'?" She asked, giggling.

She drank eight shots of tequila sunrise shots? Though it contains less amount of tequila, still, it's enough for a non-drinker to get drunk.

"Listen, Ari..."

"Why should I listen to you?" She snapped which made me look at her in surprise. Did she just snap? Wow! That's new!

"Did you listen to me? No, you did not. I wanted to tell you that it wasn't my fault. I'll never make such a mistake even in my dream when I know how important this project is for you. I wanted to tell you that your PR employee Bianca swapped the folder when I bumped into her. She wanted revenge on me. I don't know what problem Diana and Bianca have with me. They even pushed me which sprained my ankle. I wanted to tell you but what you did? You cursed and said... DON'T and then left."

"What?!" I asked in shock.

"Yes, they even insulted me. and you know what Diana said? She said I'm not worth spending time with you. Is that true? Am I that bad?" She mumbled sadly. I sat beside her and embraced her in my arms. 

"No Ari, you're not bad at all. You're the only woman with whom I want to spend my time. You're worthy of everything." I said.

These things are going on in my company and I was not aware of it? How dare they insult her? How the hell they dare push her? Ariana never lies. I would have a serious talk with them after I reach there. And if I get proof of Bianca swapping the folder, I'd fire her and even Diana for not concentrating on work and misbehaving with Ariana.

Thanks to drunk Ariana that she told me everything. Sober Ariana wouldn't have told me that. She always saves others.

"I'm really sorry Ariana that you had to go through all that. Why didn't you ever tell me anything? I would have taken some action." I mumbled, stroking her hair. She pulled away and picked up her half-eaten burger.