Chapter-39

Ariana

"It's good that you're smiling. May I know the reason behind your secret smile?" Mrs. Molly's voice pulled me out of my dreamland. I glanced at her to find her looking at me with a mischievous smile.

Then I realized where I was and what I had been doing. I was in the kitchen, dressed up for work, helping her with breakfast. And I was in my dreamland thinking about what happened yesterday. I was thinking about Xavier. For the first time, he called me his wife. I don't know if that slipped out his tongue or he really wanted to call me his wife. But him calling me his wife was more than enough for every organ of my body to dance in happiness.

"Umm.. nothing, Mrs. Molly. I was just thinking about yesterday," I replied.

"Oh, the day-out with the boys. Your smile is proof that you had fun." She commented.

"A lot." I gave her a satisfactory smile.

"I'm happy that everything is getting on track. And I like your hair." She said patting my cheek. Her eyes showed warmth. And yes, I had my hair down. Xavier's compliment gave little confidence to me.

"Why don't you take a day off? You must be tired roaming here and there yesterday." She asked.

"Mrs. Molly, you very well know what business is like. I can't just take a day off when I know there's loads of work waiting for me. Besides, the off I got yesterday filled me with energy. Now it's time to use that energy in a good way." I explained.

"I guess you're under Xavier's influence, he has turned you into a workaholic." She laughed.

"Now go and call Xavier for breakfast."

I nodded my head and headed to his room. He was still home, I don't know what was he waiting for. It's the second time he was being for work. Not exactly late, but still, he used to leave early.

I reached in front of his room. The door of his room was half open so I knocked and entered without even waiting for his permission.

And what I saw inside his room made me freeze in my place, my eyes went wide and my face heated up. Xavier was standing near his bed with a shirt in his hand..not on his body. He was standing just in suit pants with the upper body bare.

I gulped when my eyes landed on his toned abs. His stomach area looked like...like someone carved those beautiful shapes there. His body was amazing like some sculptor had patiently craved all the cut, dips, and bends in his muscles. How much time does he spend in the gym? And when does he get time for the gym? I never saw him doing any exercise.

"Is the show worthy? If it's not, I can make it more worthy."

It took me a few seconds to register the words that echoed in the room and then it drowned me, I was gawking at his naked body.

I immediately turned my back at him, covering my innocent eyes with my hands.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...I umm...I just came to tell you that breakfast is ready." I mumbled. I could feel the heat on my cheeks.

"Oh! okay, but why are you covering your eyes?" He asked and I could bet on my food he was smirking.

"Because you're not wearing your shirt," I stated in an obvious tone. Then I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me..no, no no.. he's coming near me.

He stopped behind me. The heat radiated in my body told me that he's just a few inches away from me.

"So?" His breath fanned my neck making me shudder.

"It means you're naked" I mumbled under my breath not wanting him to listen to what I said.

Then he moved more closer to me. My heartbeat started beating at a rapid rate. My hands were still covering my eyes.