17. Final Enemy

"DIE SPARDA BLOODLINE!"

She was an easy target with a big body. Her tail attack was deadly, but her movement slow. Nero could dodge her without breaking a sweat. Unfortunately, it was just the beginning. She retorted to humanoid form and gained more movement.

The situation reversed when the next phase began.

She was faster than before. Alraune even grew a pair of the wing to lift him to air then threw him to ground. Nero must spar her air assault before getting caught in her assault. The situation went worse when she summoned demons from the portal. It pissed Nero since he was forced to slay on the lesser demon. That gave Alraune an opening when his focus was shifted.

"Ganging up on me? I see you love fighting dirty."

"You didn't expect a demon to play fair, did you? Are you getting tired?"

"The party is not over yet."

The demons came to him without limit. Nero was afraid this would end up bad if they prolong the fight. The demon mocked did not help either.

"Such a strong man. You're a quarter demon, right?"

"Got a problem with that?"

"No. It was the opposite. What a pity that I cannot kill you with my special poison. It took long years to make it inside my body. I've used the one in my body and the spare on Sparda's sons. It's deadly enough to kill a demon. The poison even inflicted damage to the mighty Mundus. How unfortunate that he caught me. I'm lucky enough to survive and built my own kingdom. Human was easy to manipulate as long as you're beautiful."

She trembled in pleasure. Her face filled with ecstasy. "Ah, I want to watch death wring their arm around you! You would be dead in minutes because of a lack of resistance."

Nero knew she stated the truth. The poison put two strongest persons he knew into a coma. The young demon slayer turned into his devil trigger form, attacking her in the air. She was quite surprised and disturbed at the same time.

"You have a demon form?" She laughed. "I guess I am being easy to you. Allow me to end it."

Multiple portals surrounded him. She jumped into one of the portals and gone from his sight. A cut pierced him in the shoulder, followed by multiple slashes all across his body. Alraune lashed out strikes between the portals. Demons swarmed him when Nero fell down. He managed to stand up and slew them. Alraune wanted to drain his strength.

It was not enough. Nero needed more power. His weapons were not strong to inflict heavy damage. The more she dragged the fight, the bigger his chance to lose. Nero was thinking of a way to solve his problem. The Devil Hunter remembered Mrs Charle and her gift. He had to gamble his way to win.

Concentrate Nero. You got this!

He did not use the devil trigger, but his eyes changed colour to gold. Fire entwined Red Queen. He swung his sword at Alraune. The demon flinched, she received damage by fencing his attack. His attack had to be evaded. Nero must finish this battle as fast as possible. His sword was on the verge of broken from overheating. Using magic also depleted his power.

She flew to the air, fleeing from the sword range. Nero shot Blue Rose. The bullet wrapped in blue fire. The trigger impact effect was more powerful than before. If he was a normal human, it would break his bones. The combination of magic and artillery was successful. Alraune did not have time to par or dodges it. The bullets hit her face and causing her to scream in pain. She fell to the ground while covering her bleeding eyes.

"This power... That golden eyes.... No, it could not be!" Alraune stared with hatred. "So you survive after all!"

"Need a break? I think you're losing your mind now."

A wicked laughed came from her lips. "My mind is clearer than before. I forget it. Of course, you don't know her. You're just a newborn." She healed his eyes and stood in front of him. "I'm talking about your mother."

Nero was frozen, "My... mother?"

"She was the wench who sealed my power, along with your father! If it was not for her, I would have surpassed other demons! The fact that you are the son of both is really an eyesore!"

"Where-where is she?"

"Isn't the answer obvious? Ten feet underneath the ground." She chortled until Nero glared at her. "Don't look at me, I'm not the one who killed her. Your Sparda bloodline makes her a target."

"That's impossible! My mother abandoned me in front of the orphanage!"

"The demon followed her after all. You would not stand in here if she kept you."

Alraune began to tell him the event in the past twenty seven years ago.

Author note: Sorry if this one is short. I have to separate it into two chapters to keep the chapter between the past and future balance.