She Was My Little Time Traveller

Start from the beginning

Alexander shifted from foot to foot as the general's gaze turned into him. Esperanza stood next to her father with hope in her beautiful eyes. "S-Sir... W-Would it b-be alright I-if I... umm... if-if I court y-your daughter, Esperanza?" Alexander stuttered as he looked into George Washington's intimidating gaze.

Near the trio, Elizabeth Schuyler was watching on with a jealous flame burning in her dark eyes. How could she be so stupid? She deserved to be with Alexander, not some stupid Washington child! She is so much better for him, that Washington child was unloyal! You could tell immediately!

The General continued to watch, his gaze unwavering, as his right-hand man shifted from foot to foot as nerves started to kick him before he dropped his gaze, feigning thoughtfulness. He chuckled quietly before looking up at Alexander with a soft smile. "You, Alexander Hamilton, have my blessing." He granted.

It took a couple of heartbeats before what he said registered in the immigrant's mind. He smiled, releasing a sigh of relief as Esperanza hugged Alexander tightly, the two sharing a tender kiss as George walked away, small smile on his lips. When the two parted, they turned to thank the General only to see Elizabeth Schuyler's jealous and angered face staring back at the newly courting duo. That look would never leave their minds as long as they lived.

"Yeah, she was not happy with George allowing me to court Ana," Alex commented. The other three nodded and they decided to ignore Elizabeth's letter about Esperanza being unloyal. If only the same could be said about Alexander...

Angelica
I knew what Eliza was doing and it was only going to end up hurting one of them in the future. It could hurt Alexander, Esperanza or Elizabeth and I didn't want any of them getting hurt. Elizabeth was my sister, Esperanza was my best friend and practically my little sister and Alexander was probably going to be my brother-in-law, if Esperanza still saw me as her sister. I hope she did.

Anyway, to say I was disappointed in 'Liza would be an understatement. I was very despondent for the situation. I keep telling my sister that she did the right thing because I know she had. But, clearly, she didn't believe me. Shame, isn't it?

What makes it worse is the fact that Esperanza had had her and Alexander's first child, a baby girl that they called Lillianna Rachel Hamilton. Sure, the child was born out of wedlock but they were happy. They would be able to start a family together, hopefully keeping the Hamilton lineage alive. "Eliza! I'm going out to see Esperanza!" I called, only getting an 'okay' in response from her. It was lucky that Alexander wasn't responding to any of her silly letters.

"Angelica, may I come?" Peggy asked as she made her way over to me. I knew the reason why she wanted to come. She didn't want to be around Eliza if she did get a letter from Alexander for she would start jumping around the room.

I nodded and so together we headed out to the Washington's residence. Whilst George was at the camps, Martha had moved them down to Albany, New York. It was lucky and better for us, to be honest. If something ever happened to Ezme or the baby we were right down the street.

After a twenty minute carriage ride, Peggy and I made it to the Washington residence. I knocked on the door, Ezme answering without Lillianna in her arms. She immediately hugged me and buried her head in my shoulder. "Eza? What's wrong?" Peggy asked as we guided her inside to the parlour where we sat her down on the couch, Isle kneeling in front of her.

"It's her daughter, Lillianna. She's gotten ill and we don't know if she'll make it through the night," Isle whispered to us as tears started to drip down Ezme's cheeks. Peggy immediately pulled Ezme closer to her as she cried. I wrapped both of my sisters in a hug as Isle gave us some space.