Science Experiment

Hoseok had planned this day all week. Namjoon had been busy the whole week and stressed so Hoseok knew he was going to slip. He woke up early and made pancakes before waking Namjoon up.

He walks into his and Joon's shared room and sits beside him in the bed.

"Baby." Hoseok kisses his forehead.

"It's time to wake up sweetie. I've got a fun day planned."

Namjoon whines and rubs his eyes in a childish way.

"Baby I made pancakes."

Joon gasps and his eyes get wide. "Smiley pancakes?"

Hoseok nods.

"Come on Hobi! Let's go go go!" Namjoon sits up and pulls him off the bed to the kitchen. There pancakes with a smiley face of berries greet him. He let's go of Hoseok and sits down excitedly. He picks up his fork and knife. They're a light blue color and plastic. He tries to cut his pancake and struggles.

"Hoseokie help." He whines and pushes his plate towards Hobi. "Joon can't do it."

"I've got it Joon bug don't worry." Hoseok cuts up the pancake and pushes the plate back to Namjoon. Namjoon pouts at the plate.

"Do you want Hobi to feed you baby boy?" Namjoon nods in response and Hoseok smiles and happily feeds his baby.

After Namjoon finishes Hoseok sends him off to change while he takes care of the dishes. Namjoon comes out in a pair of short-overalls with the straps twisted and hooked wrong over a T-shirt.

"Hobi think Joon needs help." He walks up to Hobi and Hobi fixes the straps with a smile.

"You did so good getting dressed Joonie! You look so cute!" Namjoon blushes as Hoseok praises him.

"Do you want to go to the park Joon?" Hoseok asks with a smile as Namjoon's eyes light up at the mention of this favorite place. Joon nods enthusiastically. Hoseok glances out the window and sighs.

"I'm sorry baby but it's raining. I should've looked at the weather I'm so sorry bug." Hoseok looks down at teary eyed Joon as Joon looks out the window at the rain.

"No park?" Joon pouts at Hobi and Hobi shakes his head.

"How about we do something really fun instead? Do you wanna do a science experiment?"

"Science?" Joon tilts his head and looks at Hobi.

"Yeah baby how about we make water fireworks?"

Namjoon's eyes sparkle with excitement and he nods. Hoseok takes his hand and leads him to the kitchen to gather everything they need.

"Okay Joon bug, you have to pour the water in this jar and then you're going to pour some of this oil on top." Joon carefully follows Hobi's instructions, puffing out his cheeks in concentration. Hoseok makes sure to take pictures as Namjoon does everything for his photo album.

"Now baby what color do you wanna use?" He holds up a handful of colors for Joon to pick. Joon looks thoughtful for a second before choosing yellow.

"Reminds me of Seokie cause Seokie bright like the sun." Joon whispers as he takes the yellow food coloring in his hand. Hoseok smiles really brightly.

"Joon you have to be really really careful okay we don't want the dye going everywhere okay bub?" Namjoon nods.

"Put a few drops in there and then just wait and watch okay?" Namjoon does what he's hold and concentrates on not spilling anything. Once the dye is in the jar Hoseok takes more pictures as they wait for the dye to burst. When the first one bursts Namjoon gasps and looks up at Hoseok to make sure he sees too.

"Seokie it's pretty!"

"Yeah Joonie it is pretty isn't it."

"Pretty like Seokie." The tops of Namjoon's ears turn red as he goes back to watching the jar.

"Not as pretty as my little Joon bug." Hoseok kisses the top of Namjoon's head.