Chapter Twenty Eight ~Victoria's Secret Commercial~

Start from the beginning

                After a few hours of working I decided to go check on Alex. I slowly opened the door to our room and saw her relaxing on the bed, watching the latest episode of Criminal Minds. She was eating marshmallows dipped in caramel and drinking a glass of milk. I chuckled and made my way over to her. When she saw me she smiled and moved over a bit so I could sit next to her.

                “So what’s happening in this one?” I asked as I she cuddled up to my side. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and rested my hand on the leg that she threw over one of mine.

                She waited till she had swallowed her bite of caramel marshmallow before answering. “This guy’s killing people and then staging a selfie of their dead faces.”

                “That’s…” I paused trying to find the right word. “…interesting,” I settled for.

                “You don’t have to watch this with me,” she sighed. “I know you don’t really like stuff like this.”

                “It’s not that I don’t like it,” I said. “I don’t like the thought of some twisted person actually doing something like this.”

                After watching half of the episode there was this commercial. A Victoria’s Secret commercial. Alex was too involved in her sweets to notice and she was keeping the remote under her thigh. I kept my eyes away from the screen. I knew her emotions and hormones were going to be out of control the entire nine months and even a while after our baby was here. Besides, why would I want to watch some woman in underwear when I have my own sexy as hell girlfriend right next me. That reminds me…

I leaned my head down to nuzzle her neck while getting the remote out from under her thigh. I kissed her neck a few times as I skipped past the commercial. I felt as she relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief.

                “Why did you not skip over the commercials?” I asked.

                “I-I didn’t even realize they were playing,” she said.

                “Did you think I would watch that?” I asked her, drawing back to look at her. Her face was down and she was focused on her sweets. I sighed as I watched her fidget. “I only have eyes for you; you must know that, right?”

                She shrugged. “I guess,” she mumbled.

                I sighed again and took the sweets from her, placing her sweets on the nightstand next to the bed. I gently tugged her down so that she was under me and I was hovering over her, keeping all my weight off her. I kissed her lips and then moved down to her neck, the top of her chest and down to her stomach. I lifted her shirt to right under her bra and skimmed my lips over her bare stomach. She gasped and arched her back, but I gently held her down to the mattress. I kissed the place where our child was growing repeatedly.

                “I.” Kiss. “Love.” Kiss. “You.” Kiss. “I love you. You are the only person I have my eyes on, and you will always be the only one I want. No one else can ever compare to you,” I said, resting my forehead on her tummy. I smiled against her skin as she ran her dainty hand through my hair. Ranger was begging me to let him talk to her, so I gave him control.