Chapter Thirty One-I Think We Should Wait

Chapter Thirty One

I Think We Should Wait

Alex

    I sighed as my body sunk into the warm, relaxing, lavender scented water. I leaned my head back on the edge of the tub, the few strands of hair on the back of my neck that had fallen out of the bun on top of my head tickled my sensitive skin.

    Jace told me to have a relaxing bath and I planned to do just that. He also said to be ready by 7. I have about four hours before I have to get ready so I plan to soak for a while. Unknowingly, I had been rubbing my big belly ever since I got into the water. I smiled as I thought what would happen in a couple more months. Jace and I would finally be with our baby. We would finally be able to hold him and love him with everything in us. I just can't wait.

    "And just what do you think you're doing?"

    My head whipped to the now open door to my bathroom and saw Brant leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest.

    "I'm soaking," I said, sinking further into the water. "It's relaxing, have you tried it?"

    "Actually I have," he said. "And while you're not wrong, we have work to do."

    "What work?" I asked as he walked over to the towel I had laid out for myself when I decided to get out.

    "We're gonna get you ready!" Sammy squealed, poking her head in the bathroom with a huge grin. Laila poked her head in on the other side of the door and she was grinning too.

    "But I just got in," I whined.

    "Yeah, and hour ago," Brant scoffed.

    "It's been that long already?" I asked, looking at my fingers and noticing they were extremely pruned. I sighed and Brant held out the large, fluffy, blue towel in front of him with his arms spreading it as far as it could as he closed his eyes, turning his head away. I lifted myself out of the tub with a little difficulty and wrapped the towel around me. Brant had me dry off and then had me wear a nice, silky robe that hung on the back of the bathroom door.

    He had met sit on the chair in front of the large, man and woman's vanity in the spacious bathroom. He started to draw my hair for me while holding the styling brush in his lips. When my thick hair was dry and fluffy, he put some anti-humidity serum in it before heating up and curling wand. He then curled my hair, before putting in a style I could never achieve on my own. After my hair was done, taking up two of the three hours I had left by the way, Laila had me dressed in a pretty blue dress that was perfect for my pregnant belly. After changing into that and a pair of white flats, she handed me over to Sammy who did my makeup. She gave me a natural look with minimal makeup, and a little bit of a light pink lip gloss.

    Then, I was ready with five minutes to spare. I had a feeling they knew what was going on tonight, but they refused to tell me anything other than the fact I would love it.

    "You look so beautiful, Alex," Brant said, close to tears. "I promised myself I wouldn't cry."

    I giggled and bashfully looked down. There was a knock at the door and Sammy went over to open it. She revealed Jace dressed in a nice suit and tie. When he saw me his mouth dropped and he just stared. I smiled bashfully and looked over at him. He seemed to snap out of it and he walked over to me.

    "You're so perfect, Alex," he breathed, holding my hands in between us. I kneeled down in front of me and softly kissed my belly. "You ready?" he asked, looking up at me.

    I smiled and nodded. He got up and offered me his arm. I accepted and waved goodbye to my friends and we left. When we got outside he led me into the woods.