Chapter One

Chapter One

"Ooooooh no! No, I am not getting my brand new finish mauled by that monster! I think you should go! You're older, anyways! Not like you have that many more centuries. I have a good deal of life ahead of me!"

"You little punk!"

"Ow! Hey! What are you-not the doorframe! Primus, Ratchet!"

"I will rip the entire doorframe off if you don't watch your tongue!"

"Watch my aft! You would be lucky to!"

Optimus ignored the squabbling medics, deciding they would both refuse to renter the cell of the past warlord. Ratchet had barely managed to throw an energon cube into the cell and shut the door before Megatron lunged for him, ready to kill. So it seemed the mech was in no hurry to change, which disappointed Optimus more than anything. He always had a sense of hope, but now it was looking bleak for Megatron.

"Knock Out." Optimus said sternly, the red sports car making a little grunt before standing at attention. He managed to get one last kick to Ratchet's shin before his attention was entirely on the Prime.

"Yes, Optimus?"

"I need you to bring Megatron his rations."

Knock Out looked like he might bolt for the nearest window when he was told to do such a thing. He put up his servos, shaking his helm in refusal.

"You know I would do a lot of things for you, Optimus, but I will not get ripped apart because I was trying to offer fuel to Megatron! He's in a horrible temper now and I want nothing to do with him!" Knock Out insisted, backing behind Ratchet for cover.

"I hate to agree with the aft but he's right. Megatron is far from controlled, most of all in his current state."

Optimus frowned, topaz blue optics narrowing slightly. So it was true that Megatron had only ruled over the others with fear. No one was loyal to him at all. For a moment Optimus felt a little sorry for the mech, but shook off the feelings. He was a prisoner of war and a murderer, not a mech to pity in any way.

"I will go do it myself, then." Optimus huffed, padding off into the prison wing of the building. For now the others were running the reconstruction of the city. His job was to make sure Megatron did not escape.

~~~

'Keep waiting. The moment will arrive when you can strike.' Megatron told himself, optics on the cell door. 'They will come to offer me energon any klick now and I will rip out their spark and free myself.'

The cell door opened and Megatron tensed for his attack when he saw an all too familiar pede and the form of Optimus step into the large cell with him. Hissing nastily and showing his pointed dentas, Megatron retreated into the far corner of the cell.

Megatron silently damned the Prime to the Pit. Optimus had broken his crucially important spinal cable during the battle, making his legs entirely numb and useless. He had to drag them along like lead weights whenever he planned on moving about the cage he had so ingloriously been thrown in.

"I brought you your rations, Megatron."

"Oh, how thoughtful of you, Prime. You want to keep me alive longer so I can last until this petty little trial of yours, is it? Well, you will have to force it down my throat!" Megatron bellowed, hurling himself at Optimus in a blind rage.

Optimus easily sidestepped and grabbed Megatron by his massive shoulders, pushing him back down so he was laying on his back, claws scrabbling at Optimus's arm plating. The Prime weakly smiled at him and released his hold, Megatron showing his dentas in feral fury.

"Please, Megatron. You are only going to make this harder for yourself."

"I do not fear death like you petty Autobots! I faced it in the pits of Kaon and I will easily overcome any punishment you intend to give me!"

"I am not intending to kill you."

"Then what are you planning, Optimus?" Megatron spat, making another leap at Optimus.

The little attack ended much the same way, but this time Megatron found himself bent agonizingly back so his aching spinal cable seared with a new sting. He grit his dentas and refused to make a sound, forcing his processor to ignore the feeling of pain.

The Prime released Megatron once again, the ex warlord staying still this time, chest rising and falling with each slightly labored vent he took. Megatron made a deep chested warning growl and relaxed slightly when Optimus backed away, allowing him some space. Good. He needed room.

"I will send for a medic as soon as possible. You cannot remain in that state for much longer." Optimus said, heading out of the cell. Megatron's optics burned with deadly rage once again as he tried without success to push himself to his pedes.

"I need no medic! I can remain the way I am for centuries and I will still find a way to rip out your spark and scatter your entrails across Cybertron! You are a coward and a fool to turn your back on me!"

Optimus left Megatron in his rant, finding it was best to leave the mech when he was in a foul mood. That foul mood was seemingly a perpetual one, so Optimus was beginning to wonder how he and the others would cope with him until the trail.