Chapter 8: Ugly and Smelly

This chapter is told by the POV of Antonio

The first guy swung at me and was a lot faster than I expected so I had no time to dodge. His fist made direct contact with my jaw sending me to the ground. Five seconds into the fight and I'm already on the ground. Fuck. I stand up and get into a fighting stance, ready this time. The same guy swings at me and I catch it in my hand, then feel a sharp pain in my side as the second guy kicks me in the side sending me to the ground once again. This is not going well. I don't know who these guys are but they sure know how to fight. I'll call the first guy Ugly and the second guy Smelly. I stand back up slowly, holding my side.

"So you two can fight huh?" I say smirking at them

"Well we don't dance so yes" Smelly replies

"How does that make any sense? I guess those muscles make up for your lack of brains" I say tapping on my head

"Hey, you take that back you ugly face!" Ugly says taking a step towards me. Man, did he just call me ugly face? He should really get a mirror. Ugly leaps for me attempting to tackle me to the ground but I jump over him using his head as a vault but as I'm in the air, Smelly grabs my leg and slams me to the ground. Everything begins spinning and my head begins to throb. I blink a few times trying to regain focus. As everything stops spinning I try stand up. OWWWW!! I think they broke my arm! I can't move it! Ugly stands up and wipes himself off then walks over to me and looks down at me sprawled on the cement.

"What's wrong little boy? You don't have the guts to stand back up? Your arm looks pretty bad, should I kiss it for you?" He sneers making kissy noises at me. He kicks me hard in the ribs. Then again and again until I hear a sharp snap as one of my ribs breaks and my body burns with the pain. He lifts his foot up ready to smash it down on my chest. As he does this the ground itself begins to shake throwing him off balance. I take that time to reach out and grab his other leg with my good arm and jerk it from underneath him, sending him crashing to the ground.

"What the fuck?!" Smelly yells as he helps his friend up. I start standing up even with my broken arm and ribs. I look up at them and grin then stand completely up.

"You are one tough son of a bitch, I'll give you that" Ugly says walking towards me "But your just not tough enough"

"I'm sorry for not fighting" I say grinning

"What?" Ugly says getting closer

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not fighting you both with my all. I should've finished you off earlier than this. I've just been playing around" I say giving a shrug with my good arm

"What are you talking about? You're finished. There's no way you can still fight, much less beat-" he says until he gets cut off with a punch to the throat. I punch him in the face as hard as I can sending him unconscious to the ground then turn to Smelly. Smelly runs and throws a punch at my face which I easily move away from then smash my forearm into his elbow, dislocating it. Smelly falls to his knees holding his arm and screaming bloody murder. Guess he is making a little too much noise. He should be quite. I kick him in the chest sending him back onto the ground next to his friend.

"Next time don't fuck with me" I say then spit on him and walk away holding my side, letting my broken arm dangle. I need to go find Steven and see how he's doing with Andy. I walk about half a block before I see Steven run across the street towards me.

"I couldn't catch up to him sorry. I made it all the way to Get'N'Go then he slipped away" he says as he approaches. He sees my arm and my other hand holding my side. "What the fuck happened to you?!?!" he says astonished.

"Don't worry, I won" I said "But I think they broke my arm and a rib" I lift my shirt showing a bone sticking out of place in my chest. Yeah, that is definitely broken.

"Let's go to Kelly's house, that looks really bad and she's only a block away" he says and we begin to walk. We are about two houses away when I turn to Steven, still walking.

"Is there any construction going on in the school neighborhood?" I ask remembering the ground shaking.

"No, none that I know of. Why?" he asks stopping

"Because just as one of those big guys was about to stomp on my chest, the ground began to shake throwing him off balance. What's up with that?" I explain, completely confused about all of it.

"I don't know, but something like that happened to me too. I was walking to your house and-"

"Oh my god! Antonio!!" Kelly interrupts running out of her house and up to him

"Hey, its ok, I just need to wrap my side and arm" I say not trying to freak her out.

"No you need to see a doctor! I'm calling them now!" she says taking out her phone.

"Kelly, I don't need a doctor I'm fine"

"You're not fine, bro" Steven says while Kelly dials 911 "If she doesn't call, I will"

"Fine" I say not wanting to argue and secretly wanting to go to the hospital. I hurt, a lot. Within the next ten minutes or so, the ambulance arrives and I get put in. I wave bye to Steven and Kelly as they close the doors and drive away.