Krey hated the dated décor. The wooden floors were creaky and lifted in some areas. The noisy patterns on the wall gave him a headache. Downstairs, some of the walls were yellow and hurt Krey's eyes when the sun shone on them, and the walls, apart from the patterns, were too empty and needed photographs or art or something. The lighting down the corridors was tiring and dim.

Sometimes, Krey didn't even want to be inside the packhouse because of the way it made him feel. If Krey were ever to adopt his Alpha duties, redecorating the Crescent Pack building would be first on his list.

Werewolves spent a lot of their time in packhouses. If the buildings weren't good places to be, werewolves got restless, and restless wolves were trouble.

Pip would hate this place, Krey thought glumly. There's no library.

When he was back in his bedroom, Krey started to overthink. He paced back and forth, gripping the front of his hair as he thought about Pip's horrified expression.

Why didn't I walk further away?

Krey stormed towards his bathroom.

I should have shifted back and ran after him.

Krey stormed towards the window.

Why didn't I just stay in my human form? Why am I such a stupid fucking-

Three knocks on his door dragged him from his silent scolding. Krey almost ripped the door from the hinges; he flung it open so harshly.

Jordan jumped back when Krey stepped into the corridor, agitated. Krey felt aching in his fingers as his claws begged to be free. He was angry enough for his red eyes to show, but he didn't care.

"You asked to talk to me, Alpha," Jordan said timidly.

"Yeah, five hours ago." Krey wasn't much taller than Jordan, but he was built bigger, and his presence was a lot more intimidating. Krey snapped at unpredictable moments, making those around him always on edge.

Krey wanted to speak to Jordan to tell him to step down from his Beta position, but now Krey had other things on his mind. "Get Francis," he demanded. Krey wanted someone to rant to, and Francis proved that she listened, and cared what he had to say.

"The Omega?" Jordan asked.

"You know who she is. Tell her to get here, now," Krey growled, satisfied when Jordan struggled to look him in the eyes.

"If there's a problem. I'm your Beta and you can-"

"You can help by getting Francis!" Krey yelled. His deep voice projected down the corridor. Krey heard his mother's bedroom door open.

Krey stepped back inside his own room and slammed the door. He listened to Jordan's footsteps walking away, then new ones approaching. He smelt his mother, not Francis.

Krey leant against the door so she couldn't enter. "Not now," he muttered. "Go and suffocate someone else."

Makena sighed and walked off. Krey couldn't feel guilty, not when he was so stressed about his situation with Pip.

Francis soon approached, and Krey practically yanked her inside.

"Are you okay, Alpha?" Francis asked, clearly uncomfortable to be in his bedroom. Being in his quarters was rare enough.

Krey flexed his fingers open and closed. "You should have said more to Pip yesterday," Krey snapped. Francis stayed close to the door. Krey wasn't kind when he was angry. "You should have seen him coming through the snow. Why the hell didn't you see him coming? It's ruined everything! He's petrified of me! He won't even reply to my stupid fucking text!" Krey flung his phone across the room. "What if he never wants to see me again and my wolf just... just goes away?"