Same Band...New School...New Species?! - 13

"Crystal-" Don stopped me as I went to leave the reading room. "You need to know, you won't turn into a wolf or anything. You only have some of the attributes, like strong loyalty and love of nature, that sort of thing. And, just so you know, it might explain a few things, the school was in London when your parents tried to escape."

"Okay," I said numbly and left.

I started walking in the general direction of the music room, my mind running on nothing. My parents weren't human... someone had arranged for my father's death, then had made sure I was born. Was my mother alive? What did that person want from me? If they had gone through all the trouble of making sure I was born, then why dump me in some crappy orphanage? Nothing made sense anymore.

"Crystal!" someone called me from down the hall. I looked up to see my brothers running towards me. Not my real brothers though, I had no real siblings, my parents were dead. Well, at least my father was.

"Peterson," I told Lyle as soon as they got to me.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Crys, what happened, you're pale," Nix put an arm around my shoulders. I barely noticed him.

"Your parents are the Peterson's," I said to Lyle. "Your mother's maiden name is Potters, you can find them."

"Crys what-" he started, but I cut him off.

"We can't find my parents though, I'm pretty sure my mum's dead too, but I can't be sure. She was a werewolf by the way," I laughed and it sounded strange. "My dad was a demon, but he was human when mum got pregnant, isn't that brilliant. He was murdered by the black dorm, must be why they don't like us. Sorry bout that Nix. My mum went missing, then I was dropped off at our orphanage. That's where we met, so I guess I have to thank whoever killed my parents really."

"Crys-" Nix took his arm off my shoulders and stood in front of me, trying to get my attention. I just kept talking, it was like I couldn't stop.

"Good news though, I'm not gonna turn all cute and furry, I'm not wolf enough for that apparently. It would have been brilliant for the posters though, those lads at marketing would have been thrilled to use a wolf on the posters. Not to mention the leaches, those reporters would have adored that story. Orphaned wolf girl with some mysterious past. I wonder who it was that had my dad killed, he said they could have just gone and lived happily off somewhere.  Not quite sure what I'm gonna do now, everything seems funny, off focus. Maybe it's cuz I'm not human. Well, I'm half but-"

A sharp pain lit up the side of my face and my head jerked to the side with the force of the slap. I gasped, staring wide-eyed at the floor. I suddenly felt very weak and very scared. My knees went out and someone caught me, but I didn't see who.

"It's alright Crys," Frost murmured, stroking my hair.

I don't know why I started crying, I had never known my parents so I couldn't really mourn their loss, but I just couldn't stop the tears. I sobbed and shook and clung to Frost like he was the last person on earth. In that moment, they were the last people on earth to me, my brothers. I would be nothing without them.

"Crys?" Lyle murmured when I'd run out of tears.

"Yeah," I slowly leant away from Frost, drying my eyes with the back of my hand. "I'm okay."

"You don't have to be okay Crys," Ink said, leaning down to pick me up, bridal style. "We just have to get out of here."

"I'm all for that," I took a deep breath, then let it out.

"Then let's head back to the dorm," Frost stood up.

"Sorry about your shirt," I said, noticing the tear-stained shoulder.