9: Dorms

Deku POV

-one hour earlier-

Our class was just attacked by a demon after the sky above us turned black! Luckily Genya defeated it. What I didn't expect was him to eat it! How? What? Why? I may or may not be mentally disturbed right now. But this isn't the time to be thinking about that!

But is was so weird! He just ate a demon! And he shot its head off!

He said 'it should heal pretty easily' what does that mean?!

Focus Izuku!

Aizawa-sensei told us to stick together in a group and evacuate the building. But Kiriya told the demon hunters to fight the demons and make sure all the other students get out safely. I can't help but worry for their safety, surely they're properly trained, but still.

I'm sure I heard a few gunshots here and there as well.

While pushing my way through the cramped corridors, I couldn't help but overhear a few conversations of other students coming from the other side of the building.

"Oh my god where were you guys?"

"You will not believe us, but we were attacked by a villain!"

"What! No way. Did a Pro Hero save you?"

"I don't know. It was these three kids. They were dressed all strangely."

"Yeah, one had a gun and the other had a sword! It was crazy!"

That must be Genya and Tanjirou.

"There was also some chick who kicked the villain in the face."

Chick? Are they talking about Tanjirou's sister?

"Haha, no way! You've gotta be joking right?"

"Never heard of a Pro Hero like that"

We kept walking until we reached the exit.

Finally I could breathe! I was being trampled on everywhere, my organs were being crushed! I had my hands on my knees which were still shaking. After a few moments of steadying myself, I regained composure and spotted the rest of my classmates on the far side of the field.

It was hard to weave my way through the other students and teachers, it was completely dark and I almost couldn't see a thing. In all honesty I'm glad I caught sight of Kirishima's bright red hair.

I finally made it to the rest of my class. I then bumped into to someone. I don't know who.

"Oh, I'm sor-"

"Eh, Deku? Is that you?"

"Uraraka?"

"Oh, Deku it is you! Thank goodness you're safe. How many demons do you think broke in?" she inched closer.

Too close! I blushed and backed away a little bit to give myself some space.

"O-oh, um... I don't know. From the looks of it, probably a lot. It might take a while for them to finish surveying the entire school." I scratched the back of my neck.

"That's true. What I'm more worried about is how they got in and why the sky turned black just above the school." Iida approached me and Uraraka.

"Could it be someone's quirk?" I brought my finger to my chin, thinking of other possibilities.

"Eh? I've never heard of such a quirk!" Uraraka looked up at the sky.

It was pitch black. No stars at all. Just a giant puddle of black ink hovering in the sky.