6: A Place to Stay

{Let's just pretend that Toga and Dabi came into the series really early. Also, I'm sorry if the timeline is a little messed up (maybe even worse)}

~Previously~

"If we are still alive, as if time has been rewound, then there is a chance the Upper Moons we killed are still alive as well."

Tanjiro POV

I felt my heart sank. I heard a few gasps all around me. The air was soon filled with despair, hopelessness, fear, rage, and frustration.

All of our hard work, all of our sacrifices... are all wasted. I mean, Tokito, Genya, Shinobu, Rengoku and the master are alive...

Even if they are alive, each and every one of us still feel exhausted and have some injuries. I caught the scent of rage fuming from Shinobu-san and Kanao-san. They both grit her teeth in anger.

Inosuke seemed to be lost in thought. The strangest thing was that he took off his mask and stared at its beady eyes. He had such a sad scent, maybe he remembered something.

"I doubt he'll be there." I look at Zenitsu who had an unusually dark expression and his voice more menacing than I've ever heard. It kind of scared me.

"U-um, who won't be there?" I tried to ease the tension.

"No one..." he sighed.

I swear these two can be a handful sometimes.

Even so, I felt my stomach twist, remembering the crows announce the deaths of everyone who died during battle. I remember the feeling of having a chunk of me leave my body every time a person I considered my friend died. Those open gaps that were irreplaceable.

My hands were shaking but my entire body was frozen in place. I was angry, no, I was frustrated. I was frustrated that I couldn't do anything, or couldn't be there to help.

This time I'm sure we can do it. With everyone alive again, we can restart, get stronger, and train harder. I know we can do this, but at the same time, I know that spirit alone can't solve everything. (Every MC *gasp* -saw a meme of it lol).

"My children," Oyokata-sama finally cut through the tension as if his voice was some kind of knife.

The man stood up and turned around.

"There is no proof of whether the Upper Moons have returned, but if they have I'm positive you'll be able to slay them once more." He then finished before turning to Kiriya.

"Many of you still have injuries from battle, I believe it's best to take rest for now until you are ready to commence training. I hope I can count on those of the Butterfly Estate to help with the rehabilitation training" Kiriya turned to them.

In the corner were Aoi, Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. The four girls nodded. So did Shinobu and Kanao.

Deku POV

Butterfly Estate..? Now that I think of it, all six girls have the same hair clip. And what's the rehabilitation training?

I rub my chin while shaking my head

There is so much information I wish I brought my notebook!

I look up to see Tanjirou sitting across the room. He was facing the girl with orange tips from earlier.

"I'm guessing the sun will set in a matter of hours. I cannot see, but I can feel it's radiance. I hope you don't mind lending us a place to stay until this ordeal has been taken care of" Said Ubuyashiki.