10. Kismet

because I love y'all I decided to try and update earlier so here ya go!!!!

don't forget to vote and comment I love to hear what you guys have to say :)))

-kati

***

The morning light cast a green tint on Natalia's pale skin as she ran through the woods.

She felt bad about leaving, yes, but she also felt free. The wind felt amazing against her as she ran faster than the speed of sound. Her senses were alive in the forest. She smiled to herself, trying to enjoy her last few hours alive.

After a while, she slowed down and searched for an animal to feed from. She really needed to get better at feeding more often.

Her eyes caught a doe, prancing without care through the trees. She salivated at the sound of its heart as it pumped blood through its fragile body. The vampire went in a crouch, but before she pounced she stopped herself. I'm an animal. I'm going to eat a doe, for crying out loud.

Natalia shook the thoughts off. She had to survive, didn't she? At least until she found Aaron.

It only took one second for the blonde to sink her fangs into the warm flesh. She sighed at the instant satisfaction of the blood. The doe stopped moving, and Natalia didn't stop until it was drained dry.

She stood, towering over the animal, wiping excess blood from her mouth. Feeding gave her adrenaline, gave her a rush of power.

She loved it.

But before she let her animal side truly take over and search for another deer, she heard a rustle nearby.

Not wanting to take any chances, she ran.

Natalia didn't even break a sweat as her legs moved gracefully through the forest terrain. The only thing that was bothering her was the noise she heard, but hopefully she was just being paranoid.

Suddenly she was knocked to the ground. It wasn't a forceful push, but almost as if someone just thrust her backwards. Natalia scrambled to her feet and looked around frantically for her attacker.

"Do not fear," a voice called. It was much like hers, silky and soft, only it had years of experience behind it. It made her tremble.

Then, a woman came from behind a tree. She smiled at the blonde, but it was a cold and calculating grin. "Sister," she said, spreading her palms toward the sky, "greetings."

Natalia just narrowed her eyes, skeptical of this new woman. She was perfect: her skin as smooth as Natalia's and her green eyes were large and bright. But the blonde could see through the woman's façade.

"Who are you?" Natalia asked.

The woman's smile grew. "I go by the name of Kismet. And you, my dear?"

"Natalia."

"Ah, such a pretty name. Very old too, popular in..." Her sentence trailed as she lost herself in a thought. Then she gave a signal and three more vampires came into view. Natalia knew they were night creatures because they smelled like death. "Come with us. I think we may have a lot in common, child."

***

The vampires finally arrived at the entrance of a cave. Natalia raised an eyebrow as Kismet and her minions started to climb into it. She thought the whole thing was a little cliché, but she quickly followed after them.

What she was not expecting is what she saw.

It wasn't a cave at all, but more like an underground city. About twenty vampires socialized in a grand hall made of rock. They paid no attention to the new girl walking in as she followed Kismet towards what looked like an office.