01. Beginnings

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the teen wolf characters, just my own. Jeff Davis owns the wonderful teen wolf!!

post season 3b

check out the Bloodlust trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdP-NhuiuQ

***

Beads of sweat dripped off her scalp as her graceful legs rushed through the cool, night air. The world around her was a blur of dark color. She did not know what was chasing her, she only knew she had to run. There was a vague sense of danger lurking around her, as if she were an insect flying right into a trap.

Curiosity lingered in her mind, but it was gone the minute it surfaced. She wanted to investigate, to turn around and face whatever was coming head on, but she did no such thing. Faster, her legs scolded.

What was after her? A beast of some sort? A man?

She had a feeling that whatever it was, it wasn't human. The thought sent a chill through her spine. An image surfaced as she thought of who pursued her. A sweet smile, a gentle caress, a pinch of pain...

And blood. Her thoughts raved about the warm, luscious liquid.

Natalia, the wind called to her in the voice of a man. Only there was an edge to this man's tone, something she hadn't heard in a long time. It longed for her as if it knew her from a past life. Natalia. Come to me...

The shattering of a night lamp startled the girl awake.

The room around her was brighter than the usual morning glow. Natalia sat up in bed, rubbing her head as if the movement would take the nightmare away from her mind. Or was it a real memory? She couldn't tell with it being this early.

With a heavy sigh, Natalia stood up slowly to gather the broken glass on the floor. As she bent down to pick up the first piece, she felt suddenly dizzy. Must have stood up too fast, she told herself. Not thinking anything about the strange feeling, she continued out her bedroom door to the kitchen.

Maybe she was just hungry.

Her house was dreary; the windows were tinted, the floors creaked under her feet, the walls were a dull grey. It was also utterly quiet. Too quiet.

Then she sighed for the second time in less than five minutes, running a tired hand through her blonde hair. Her parents were always traveling, so her house should be empty. They were gone as soon as she turned eighteen, leaving her all alone at home in...

Well, she couldn't remember exactly where that was. Something clouded the vision of that past memory. Natalia shrugged it off. Her home must be here if she couldn't remember anything telling her otherwise.

Tired of thinking of her ignorant parents, she threw on presentable clothes and headed towards the only thing her mind would let her dwell on: high school.

***

She pushed her sunglasses up the bridge of her nose as the sun hit her face. This morning it was especially irritating. It was only seven o'clock and Natalia could already feel her pale skin getting sunburned.

The thoughts of how annoying the sun was were pushed away as the blonde approached a church-like building. Beautiful stained glass windows portraying biblical stories shone brilliantly, and the red brick of the walls looked like it had been stationary for years. The beauty captivated Natalia. She then looked to her right where a completely different, modern building stood. She read the sign in front of it. Beacon Hills High School.