Chapter Twelve

I don't know why but when I stood up from the couch I wanted to tease her some more but when I got closer towards her I noticed her wide blue eyes and pale complexion one gets when they are fear-stricken or when one is not feeling all that well. And at that moment I couldn't help myself when she looked like a flighty rabbit trying to make a break for it the moment she opened the door I felt the need to stop her and make her explain when she suddenly looked so terrified. But when I closed the door and was standing so close to her I could see that she was trembling and when she slowly turned around I could now clearly see her terrified look in her wide eyes which for some reason kind of pissed me off that she directed that looked towards me when I haven't done anything to her. Then I watched as she started biting her lower lip drawing my attention to her soft pink lips for a moment before looking up again only to see she had tightly closed her eyes. I clenched my jaw before taking a deep breath calming myself before speaking "And what is it exactly that you plan to do with my kitchen?" I tried to make my voice sound as light as possible for my teasing remark so that I wouldn't cause her to try and make a run for it. And no matter how strange and uncharacteristic it is of me I do enjoy her company and I don't want her to be afraid of me.

I watched as her eyes opened slightly only looking up at me through her long light blue eyelashes so that her eyelashes left a slight shadow on her cheeks as if she is still too scared to fully lookup at me causing a slight stab at my heart for some reason. Then she smiled at me and said: "You'll just have to find out." Even though I could tell her tone and smile was forced I said nothing for fear that if I did she wouldn't tell me why and then try to run away from it and me so instead I just decided to play along "Okay miss mysterious. Why do you have to be so mysterious about everything?" I asked in a teasing tone so as not to scare her too much. She shrugged "Who knows. Maybe it's just fun this way," she said in the same manner as she did earlier. I wanted to call her out and make her tell me what's wrong but instead, I just took a deep breath and chuckled at her silly joke and opened the door so she doesn't feel so trapped and once it was opened I pointed towards the open door like a gentleman and spoke: "After you." And even though that's not how I truly felt I did so anyway just so she could feel more comfortable and then she smiled a smile that wasn't so forced this time as she said: "Thank you."

Then she walked out of the room without a second thought and I couldn't help feeling a little upset that I made her frightened for some reason causing her to want to run away from me. Even though I still don't know her name and only know her from her silly little code name that she got out of a silly jar by chance. But for some reason, I keep experiencing so many different feelings that make no sense to me in the slightest even though until now I couldn't even be close to a single woman after everything I went through they were always disgusting no matter how much makeup they wore and I only ever looked at them as tools to get what I want in life. They were tools because women have always been easy to manipulate for women always love beautiful and wealthy things which include men and since I am considered both makes it all the more easy for me to get what I want. But she is the first person who has seen through me and all my tricks without even blinking an eye at it and has even seen through my soul and told me it fine for me to be myself and is the first person I can be completely honest with. She's even heard about my past and seen the visual scars on my body left from my past and without even batting an eye she has excepted it and she even cried for me. She is kind, understanding, and everything this dark and cruel world isn't for she is truly like a warm and shining light that can shine even in the darkest of places. Which, is why it hurts me so much when I saw that terrified look she made when I approached especially when I have no intention to cause her any harm.

Suddenly she popped her head back in the room "Well are you coming? I still need your help to find the kitchen." Her voice snapped me from my thoughts and I couldn't help the small sly smile that crossed my lips as I followed her out of the room "Alright follow me." I told her as I lead the way to the kitchen as she stayed right behind me the whole time as I lead her to the kitchen where my chef was standing in the middle of the room whipping the counters making sure the kitchen is spotless just the way I like things to be, which is clean and organized. When he noticed us walk in he quickly stopped what he was doing as he addressed me just like he should "Oh good day sir. Is there anything I can do for you today, Sir?" Before I can say anything V steps before and starts doing all the talking "Hi there sir. I'm so sorry to bother you when I know you are busy because a chef's work is never done but I was wondering is if you don't mind I would love to borrow your wonderful kitchen for a few minutes." She said in a pleading tone with a sweet and charming smile on her face as she spoke with her hands together as if she was pleading with the chef as if they were equals even though she is of a much higher rank even though I still don't know just how high as of yet.