Chapter Fifteen

The sky was dark with a layer of clouds almost completely covering the sky as if it was trying to swallow the moon and the stars from view completely as if not that long ago there were barely any clouds in the sky earlier in the day. But as it got later into the evening the clouds began rolling until the sky was completely covered with them leaving an ominous feeling through everyone. As the clouds began to cover the sky caused the winds to pick up causing it to sound as if someone is groaning as it blows past people's houses. The strong wind was causing the trees to sway as the wind pushed them in whatever direction it pleased. You could tell a storm was brewing as you could feel the moisture in the air and with that and the strong winds were causing a strong chill to the air on this night that no one was immune to the cold. 

The guards of the Knight family all stood at their post standing tall trying hard to pretend that they aren't cold. There were two guards on either side of the front gate that was still open waiting to be closed after the return of their master. Soon enough the clicking of the horse's hooves against the cobblestone and the rolling wheels could be heard against the wind's groaning. The guards stood on alert as the sound of the carriage got closer until it finally came into view and once it got closer they could tell it was the Knight family's personal carriage as they could see the knight's family crest on the side of the carriage. The carriage was a black carriage with gold trimming with three square windows on each side with a door on either side of the carriage. The family crest of two dragons encircling a long sword with the hilt of the sword pointing upwards as the blade is pointing down. The dragon's tails were wrapped around the blade as their upper bodies were on either side of the hilt where the blade ends and the handle begins. Their wings are outstretched and their paws are raised as if the two dragons are about to fight one another. Then at the end of the hilt hovering a few inches above it is a red gem that appearing to be glowing as it looms over the two fighting dragons and an even brighter white light behind and above that gems looming over it all. The crest was the representation of an old fairy tale about the past of their beloved country and was granted to be their family's crest by the old king to their father to their to become their family crest after his brother took to the throne and he decided to work with his brother.

The carriage approached the gate of the estate as the carriage reached the tall gate of the estate meant to keep out trespassers. The coachman and the guards nodded to one another knowing better than to try to inspect the carriage let alone check for credentials as only the knight family have the ability to their private carriage as well it was the same time every day for the past week and a half. As the carriage passed the guards they happened to catch a glimpse inside the carriage through one of the windows and they happened to see one of the esteemed daughters of the one and only Marquess Alexander Fredick Knight the head of the Knight family and the brother to the current king himself. Alexander Knight is actually very famous and not just because he is the brother to the king but because everyone believes he would make a better ruler than the current king and everyone was so sure the king was gonna pick him to be the king. He is also known for being the greatest knight that led the kingdom to its complete annihilation of the other nations' troops in creating the kingdom they all know today. But not only is he is known for defeating them all with his excellent skills as a knight but also his unique commanding skill as well as his quick-witted strategies that led to the least amount of casualties in their history of their kingdom. But that was not the only thing that made him famous because, in fact, the thing that made him so famous was how loved he was by the people because of his kind and caring demeanor as he was kind and respectful to everyone despite even the smallest of class difference between themselves and the people that serve them. As they treated everyone as if they were people and not just tools to use despite the fact they are just servants.

As the gate began to close behind the carriage as the knights began preparing to close up for the night now knowing that their masters have returned safely and to make sure no one can get inside without permission. But little to their knowledge there was already someone currently lurking in the shadows of the trees making sure that no one could see them but they were in the perfect spot to see everything. They could see all the different knight's positions as they were patrolling the grounds as there were two knights by the gates as well as another two in front of the mansion and there was another two patrolling the grounds both walking in opposite directions of one another. The shadow made sure to stay out of view of the soldiers as he was quite skilled at staying hiding and staying in the shadows after years of practice. They watched as the carriage entered the Knight family resident and they paid close attention as the light from the lamp posts reflected perfectly against the sliver crest announcing proudly just which family they were they could even see the Knight family flag and crest that hung proudly at the top of the mansion. This person watched closely as the carriage easily glided down the stone pathway to the house as it passed by the giant fountain in the center of the path as a way to show off their wealth and social standing. As the grander, the house looks higher up they are as not even a single grass is out of place as everything is perfectly taken care of.

The carriage pulled up in front of the mansion and the moment the carriage stopped the footman was off the carriage and opened the door for the people inside the carriage to be able to get out of the carriage. The first one out was a tall and strong-looking man with a very serious look on his face which this person recognized from the different painting they've seen as the older looking Alexander Knight. After he got out he turned and held out his hand to help the next person get out of the carriage as it is the gentlemen thing to do when riding in a carriage with someone else mainly if they are a female or a child. That person watched as the next person got out of the carriage it was a female probably one of his rumored daughters he's got as she got out he could see her but he couldn't make out any details about her as the carriage was blocking his view a bit. And then another person got out of the carriage and from what he could tell it was another female but he still could make out and confirmed details about the two of them. After they got off the carriage they carriage then began to drive off to where ever they happen to keep their carriages stored. 

As the carriage drove away he could then see a little more details about them but it wasn't until they were standing on the steps and the light was completely shining down on them could he truly make out any distinctive features such as hair color and other things. The wind blew past them fiercely causing them to turn their heads just a little bit long enough for him to get a good look at their faces and everything. At that moment he felt his breath hitch in the back of his throat at their pure beauty and without a doubt, he could tell they were twins but more than that he couldn't get their faces and expressions out of his mind. After seeing them he was careful to not get caught as he retreated to where he came from making sure not to leave any traces of himself at the estate. And neither Amaryllis nor anyone else had any idea that they happened to have an unexpected visitor that night and what the consequence of that visitor will cause to her plans later down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hello, again guys I hope you all enjoyed the new chapter. Please don't hesitate to let me know what you all thought of the new chapter and what you think of the story in general. Please don't forget to vote and comment as I would love to hear your thoughts on this story. So until next time my lovelies and sorry it took so long to update but I was having a really hard time trying to figure out what to do with this chapter.