Chapter Two

It's the day we are discussing the essays we had written about the book called Heaven Break which has been the biggest discussion a month ago when we started reading it last week. It's a well-written book but in my personal opinion, it's really sad and even just thinking about it causes me to start crying again. Since I started reading this book a month ago I've had eight dreams where I was watching the scenes in the book unfold right in front of me. And even though he is right in front of me he can't hear me and I can do nothing to help him let alone comfort him like I want to. And every time I have those dreams I wake up crying.

I look around the room seeing everyone enjoying their everyday lives while I, on the other hand, can't get Duke Daniels, the villain of the story, out of my mind. As I look around the room at the people I have known all year it's almost as if I can't recognize them anymore because all I can think of is that book because it is all-consuming in my mind. Even when I try to force myself to think of anything else my mind always seems to go back to the book all over again.

Suddenly the teacher walks in and everyone becomes extremely quiet as she begins class only for the discussion to turn towards our essays and the book causing my attention to be drawn in. The teacher starts by telling everyone that everyone did well on this essay for once but also says how there were a few that stand out more than other ones.

"Well, of course, the essays are good. Because the book was incredibly easy," one of the students shouts out. "Yeah I mean it's so obvious who the villain of this story is and why he is the villain," another student chimed in. "I don't think that is as easy as you think," I said no longer able to handle their slander of Duke Daniel even if he is just a character in a book. Everyone turned their heads towards me and the teacher smiled "And why is that Levi?" The teacher asked me.

"Because as much as I know everyone wants to blame Daniel and call him the villain because It's so obvious and easy to blame him for everything," I said rolling my eyes at my classmate's incompetence "You see because in my opinion the stories real villain is none other than fate herself." Suddenly the room got loud from my classmate's murmurs the teacher smiled again "And why do you think that?"

"Because if you think of it if Duke Daniel's parents never died he would still be living a happy life with them and if he was still with them he would never have met the Duchess who helped to lead him down that path of pain and suffering. And he wouldn't have become insane as he did. And could have found someone else to be with instead of going nuts when the love of his life found her soul mate as she did. And who knows maybe he could have become a knight or merchant or even a sailor instead of a murder. All I'm saying is that villains are made not born."

Suddenly the class went nuts after I finished talking and erupted into loud chaos at my observation. "You don't know that!"

"Yeah, he could have still tried to kill them when he found out they were soul mates!"

"You're right I don't know but neither do you because this is how the story was written but what if another person wrote it differently. What then?" I said getting irritated. "And he wasn't the villain then who would take his place? That's why no one will write a new one is because everyone can see that he is the villain besides you."

"Besides who isn't to say that he was the one who started the fire in the first place."

I stood up "He wasn't even there when the fire started in the first place how could he be the one to start it and why would he do that in the first place he was happy and had no reason to do so?"

"Maybe he started it before he left. And maybe he did it because he is a sick little boy who liked killing people."

"That's completely incontestable and if he did it the book would have told us so but it didn't so now you are just making things up."

"Oh please everyone here can see the truth but you."

"That's enough both of you," our teacher said gathering our attention back to her. "Now that's over with I'd like to point out that I think both of you are right." Everyone in the class gasped at what the teacher said "Now yes Daniel is responsible for his actions but maybe if those things from his past didn't happen to him maybe he would be a different and better man. Because as Levi said villains are made not born." And with that, the bell rang and everyone dispersed leaving the classroom as I was the last one to leave.

I finally made it home once school had finally ended for the day which is good since I was tired of dealing with them and their incompetence. I mean seriously how can no one else besides myself truly understand who the real villain in this story. If I was there I would do everything I could to change his fate so he would never have to go through any of that. And seriously how can she possibly believe that sweet and happy little child could set the fire especially with his mother still inside it when knowing that he loved his mother more than life itself. It even has a part in the book where he is remembering all those perfect and happy memories with his mother he even says that he would do anything to see his mother again because he loved her more than anyone else. And besides, that not once did that ever mention him saying let alone him thinking that he set his house on fire and in every book it will always tell you in the end because the end is where they always unveil all of the mysteries. But strangely enough not once did they ever truly find out who started the fire.

I laid there in my bed with the book in my hand once again for the eighth  time since I first began reading it. I don't know why but I skip to the page where the duke is first introduced in the story when he and the main character first meet at her coming of age ball that her father set up for her. For some reason, I began imagining what I would have done as well as have said if I was in her place which is what I have started doing every time I reread this book. I have created twenty different lines that I would say as well as twenty different scenarios that I do to help change his fate. And no matter how many times I have read this book I still can't help crying every time even though I already know what's gonna happen.

As I lay there on my bed crying to myself while clutching the book to my chest. While laying on my bed I soon find myself fast asleep as I dream about him like I have done this past week. I dream of him and he is standing right in front of me and I can't help but wishing there was some way I could reach out to him and he could see me so he would know he's not alone because someone is willing to comfort him as well as help him escape the darkness. Some people would be willing to love him if only he would just open up his heart to someone that isn't the one that he falls in love with. I have another dream about him standing right there in front of me close enough that I could reach out and touch him but when I try to speak to him he can't hear at all and instead is looking at her. I want to tell him not to fall for her because it would only cause him more pain but of course, he never listens. I watch as he starts crying when seeing her and her soul mate smiling at one another being happy and I crouch down and hug him even though he can't hear me or feel my touch. And at that moment I wished more than anything else that I could help him change his fate so that he could finally be happy in life.

Suddenly I hear a voice inside my head say "So you have chosen to go down this path once again. You get what you wished for but remember you don't always get what you want but we will still give you what you want. We wish you the best luck that you can finally get what you want this time." I have no idea what that voice is talking about let alone where it came from but I suddenly feel I warm and bright light shining through my closed eyes and I wondered if slept until morning again. So I open my eyes and look up at my ceiling that was an arch-type of structure for it looked like it curved upward instead of flat. It also had four huge hanging lights that are meant to light up this entire room once they are turned on. They were also placed in a way so that they would become a frame around the giant crystal chandelier that was in the center of the room. And the ceiling was painted with the same little angels all over the ceiling to give an innocent vibe. I in the bed and looked around the room "This is not my room where am I?" I look down at what I'm wearing and noticed this not what I fell asleep in. Where the heck am I and how did I get here?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hello there again my beloved readers I hope you are enjoying the book so far? That's a picture of her in the modern world when she's known as Levi Jones. Just remember to keep reading to find out what happens next. Please vote and comment so that way I can know what you think of the book so far. And there more exciting things to come in this book so continue reading so you can see all the twists and turns the book has to offer. So until next my lovely readers and I wish you all the best.