We sat down and Stacia unlocked her guitar case and pulled out the six-string, then she rummaged around in her bag until she found her 5mm pick. Typical. 

"What should we play?" Stacia asked, she sounded so innocent, it was rather endearing. She was endearing.

"Uh, how about that The Script song, what's it called?, 'For the first time'?" I said.

"I love that song!"

After that we played a huge range of songs, including the songs we were doing for the Gala. About ten minutes before the bell was due to ring to signal the end of lunch, Braiden turned up.

Of all the guys in the school that Stacia could date, she chose the one who was a player, a jerk, and a cheater. He was only with her because of his "ulterior motives." Cue sinister music. I had seen him with other girls since the week after he started dating Stacia. I seriously have a pet hate for guys who cheat on their girlfriends. And I especially I hated him for cheating on Stacia.

"What are you two up to?" Braiden said with a slightly jealous edge to his voice. Good.

"Playing guitar?" I said, it was kind of obvious.

"And singing," Stacia added. She had a slight smirk on her face.

"Why didn'td you just do that while hanging out with the group?" he asked, "I wouldn't mind finally hearing you sing."

"Well, I'm not that good, really," Stacia said modestly.

"Bullshit," I muttered under my breath. Seriously, voice like an angel and all that. It made me happy to know that she felt comfortable letting me hear her sigh but not that twerp.

"Come on, let me be the judge," Braiden said, his voice taking on a more persuasive tone. After lots of convincing, Stacia reluctantly accepted.

"Fine. What do you want me to sing?" she said in a defeated tone. It was obvious she really didn't want to do this, but I also knew she wouldn't appreciate and interruption.

"Whatever you want."

"Robbie, do you know 'Plans' by Birds of Tokyo?" she asked.

"Of course, what fret?" I asked.

"Third, please," I smiled in return and began to play the introduction, slowly Stacia started to sing, at first her voice was soft and cautious, something that I had never noticed during our previous mini jam sessions. Eventually though, her voice increased in strength and volume, she sounded amazing as usual. When the song ended she turned expectantly towards Braiden to see his reaction.

"Pretty good, I suppose," was all the guy said. Pretty good. He thought she was pretty good. What an absolute tool.

Stacia's face visibly fell. One of these days I was going to knock the guy out. She obviously wanted his approval.

"Well, I thought you sounded even better than usual, Stacia," I complimented.

"No one cares what you thing, Robbie," Braiden said scathingly, putting a sarcastic edge onto my name. Don't punch the douchebag, don't punch the douchebag, do not punch the douchebag, I changed in my head.

"I do. Thanks Robbie," Stacia said with a steely glint in her tone, that I sure hoped that steely part was directed at Braiden. I smiled a bit in her direction.

"I don't know why," Braiden muttered. The chant continued. It wasn't working too well so I started listing reasons why I shouldn't punch the jerk: 1. Stacia would be real mad, 2. I would get suspended and kicked out of the Gala, 3. My dad woul-