Midgewater marshes

It began not so bad with the soil being moisty, and here and there shifting with being muddy and soft. The ponies hooves sunk down in the ground. Both big and small pools of water was making you change directions to keep going forward. Big buskets of bulrush and crooked trees were around you and everywhere small birds was singing and flying around.
So the first two days in midgewater marshes went on fast and quite unchallenged...but on day three the marshes begin to show its more unpleasent side.
It took longer time getting forward, it was harder finding a safe path and the quagmires were treacherous.
No one was talking, because the midges and the mosquitoes was tormenting you. They were swarming and crept underneath your clothes. Into your ears, eyes and mouth...it was terrible!
It did not matter what you did, there was no getting away. Not even when the dwarves smoked their pipes and blow out the smoke around you all did the midges leave.
-We're being eaten alive! Dori howled.
- yeah, one can wonder what they do eat when they're not being served dwarves! His brother Nori natter.
- Gandalf cant you do something about those midges!?
- My dear master Dori, we're in a marsh, it includes midges. This is their home not ours...
- They are not being hospitable. You said.
Nori smiled and wink.
- That was a good one.
-Perhaps it's custom that the guest provide for the food. Fili said.
- Provide is one thing, but we are the food and thats something else...
You all laughed a bit but Dori lour at the three of you.

The night was no way better than the day. The camp was a cold and damp. The fire was kept small just because you could not find enough dry wood. The supper was cold and the only warm food your bellies got was gruel.
It was impossible to sleep, the midges and the mosquitoes was now in company of some sort of crickets and they we're loud!
Creaky and chirping the crickets were challenging you all to lose your wits.

Day four went on the same way as day three but when the evening came you all just had to endure the midges (the crickets were not around) and yet another cold supper and gruel.
You lay on your bedroll between Fili and Kili. They were dozing, you were so tired but could not sleep.
What were you all doing in the Midgewater marshes? It was not right? You were suppose to be attacked by trolls...Thorin was going to find Orcrist and Gandalf Glamdring and Bilbo Sting. Bilbo has to find Sting! This was not in the book...this was all wrong! But you were not in the book either and yet...here you were.

In the afternoon on day five you all finally left the Midgewater marshes behind you. The terrain was getting higher and the damp ground was gone in the east you could dimly see long ridges and
- Amon Sûl... you said (unfortunally out loud).
- You are right miss y/n. Gandalf said. - We are going there, there was something my dear friend Radagast the Brown said that he had seen engraved in the stone...I want to take a look. But how do you know about Amon Sûl? It is more known by the name Weathertop. Gandalf eyed you...
- ehum...my father told me about it. (That was not a lie).
- We take the northside to Weathertop, in that way we can stay away from the road so we all can get some well needed sleep tonight. Thorin said with his commanding voice.

At the campfire later that night you all was waiting for a proper supper.
- What did your father tell about Amun Sûl? Gandalf asked you.
- well...there was a watchtower there a long time ago, Angmar burned it down during the war of the ring. Now it's just abandoned and a ruin. My father use to sing a song about Gil-galad, the elven king.
- Well sing it then y/n. Kili said.
- I dont know...its a elvsong. You looked at Thorin.
- Well y/n, sing it anyway...as long as its not in the elven tounge. Thorin said smirking.
- Come on now Y/n. Fili nudged your shoulder.
- Take the tune little rabbit, I find the melody. Bofur took his flute to his lips.
So you closed your eyes took a deep breath and sang...

"Gil-galad was an elven-king
Of him the harpers sadly sing;
The last whose realm was fair and free
Between the mountains and the sea

His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
The countless stars of heaven's field
Were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
And where he dwelleth none can say;
For into darkness fell his star
In Mordor where the shadows are."

(Song from the book FOTR)