Chapter 5 - Is it opening?

Start from the beginning

She picks it up, and blows into it.

"Rumors are still rumors. They don't mean anything, unless the one who's rumored about says it's all true. So, may i ask you if the rumors are true?" Y/N stays silent, only looking at the floor, making Chaeyeon raises her eyebrows. "I proved my point."

Chaeyeon sips into her tea. She then gets startled by the hot tea, and starts fanning her mouth. Y/N chuckles at her action. After hearing that, Chaeyeon then smiles at him.

"So you can laugh. That's good to know."

Y/N then frowns again. He then looks around the empty room. The cabinet full of archives, the photos of the previous president's hanging on the wall, but no members are in sight. "Where are the others?" He asks.

"It's break time. I don't want to disturb them just to help me bring some stuffs."

"But that was a lot of books. Couldn't you at least call one of them?" Y/N took a sip from the tea.

"They're girls, after all. They shouldn't be told to lift stuffs like this."

Y/N stares at Chaeyeon after her statement.

"But, you're also a girl.. right? Or....."

Chaeyeon who was sipping on her tea realized what he's about to say and starts choking on it and laughing.

"I'm a girl, alright. But i'm still the president."

"You should've called one of them.Or if you're still hesitant, call m-"

Realizing what he was about to say, Y/N quickly stops talking. Which makes Chaeyeon curious.

Wait.. why am i acting like this? Wasn't i supposed to hate her?

"Call who?"

"C-call... i don't know. Anybody. Anyway, i'm gonna go to class now. Thanks for the tea." Y/N quickly gets up, leaving the room.

"Wait, Y/N!" As Y/N's holding the door handle, he turns around to her calling.

"Thanks again, for helping me." She said, as she flashes a smile to Y/N.

Y/N then quickly gets out of the room, not replying anything

Y/N then quickly gets out of the room, not replying anything. His heart starts beating faster after seeing her smile.

No, there's no way. He thought to himself, as he goes back to his class.

Without him knowing, there was a girl who saw everything. It was none other than Chaeryeong herself. She was on her way to the bathroom, when she suddenly saw the student council's door flung open. Forgetting her real reason of getting out of class, she just decided to look out the window near her, and looks down the field.

*sigh* I guess he's falling for her.

Again.

Chaeryeong thought to herself, as she's sighing. After a moment, she goes back to her class.

_______
"Unnie, has Chaeyeon told you already? Yena asks Eunbi, who was sorting the cabinet.

"Told me what?" She stops her activity, to listen to Yena.

"Chaeyeon almost got hit by a falling drawer at the storage room! Luckily she was with Y/N!" Yena emphasizes Y/N. "Y/N pushes her out of the way. Chaeyeon's so lucky, huh?!" Yena told Eunbi all excited. But Eunbi didn't hear what Yena said after she had said 'a falling drawer at the storage room.'

"Oh, i know that! Chaeyeon told me earlier!" Chaewon, who was playing on her phone instead of doing her job, interrupts the conversation.

"A falling what? Where?" Eunbi asks Yena.

"A falling drawer! In the storage room!"

Eunbi starts thinking about something. Her suddenly silent making Yena curious.

"What's wrong?" Yena asks, Eunbi then said in a worried voice.

"You, come with me." Eunbi said, as she pulls Yena's hand. "You too, Chaewon-ah." Chaewon then gets up, following her unnie.

After a while, they reached to the place where the accident earlier had happened. She goes inside, but Yena and Chaewon just stands by the door,

"What're you doing,unnie?" Yena asks Eunbi, as Eunbi's examining the drawer that was said to almost fell on top of Chaeyeon's head, ignoring her.

"I knew it" Eunbi exclaims. Making the two girls even more confused. Eunbi then goes up the ladder. They eventually walk inside, and stands under the ladder.

"What are you doing?" This time, Chaewon asks. But Eunbi's once again, ignoring them. She then told the girls,

"Come up here for a bit!" One by one, they go up the ladder. After they both got up, Eunbi points to the footprints that was visible, because the second floor hasn't been cleaned yet.

"Look at this." Eunbi then points toward a trace where it looks like there was something being dragged from the corner to the edge. The two girls gasps.

"Does this mean.." Eunbi then cuts Yena off.

"This is no accident." Eunbi said in a whispering voice. "Someone intended to kill, or at the least, injured Chaeyeon."

"We should report this!" Yena tells Eunbi.

"Don't!" Eunbi raises her voice. "We don't have too much proof. Let's look for any evidence here, first."

____________
Note: Instead of being gone for 2 months, i'll just upload once a month instead. It will be a monthly update 'till who knows when. (I have 3 books still ongoing at the moment, including this. All of them gets a chapter each month.)

Peace ✌