Peko Pekoyama x Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu

Requested by: @xXLotusBlossomXx

Kuzuryuu sprinted to the scene. Damn that bear, damn the trials, damn this sh*t hole of a school holiday! F*ck, where is she?! Kuzuryuu shoved as many puppets out of his way, peering up to try and see Pekoyama. He spotted her at the centre of the fight, slashing her way through each of the Mono-Bear puppets.

Kuzuryuu wasn't suprised she'd lasted this long: she would train until the late hours of day, even when they were children. F*ck, why was I so stupid! Why didn't they shove me in here instead? Peko didn't deserve this, I do, damnit! The boy gangster made his way up to the centre, molding into the steady and almost robotic moves of the puppet army. I've gotta find her, and get her out. F*ck what that stupid bear thinks, she's not dying!

It couldn't end like this. Not Peko, his truest friend. But as he ran into the centre, straight into line of Peko's sword, he knew it was to be. The look of shock on Peko's face was enough to know they were thinking the same thing. She tried to divert-it was too late as the sword swung down into Kuzuryuu's very own flesh-

"NO!!" Kuzuryuu woke in a fright, sweat trickling down his forehead. He took a few deep breaths as he tried to calm himself, wiping the sweat from his face.

As he climbed out of bed, he reached the mirror. He glanced briefly at his figure. Was that..tears? He cursed and went to wash up.

He looked up from the sink. He needed to see her...

Yes, it was past curfew an it would be extremely dangerous to roam around at night and get caught, with or without a weapon. But he'd be damned if that'd stop him.

He grabbed his keys and shoved on some pants and a shirt,making his way to the beach.

The waves furled out and crashed into the ocean, the wind let out a growl as it whipped into his figure. The palm tree groaned with the weight of the wind, leaning from the force. He walked out, cursing a bit as the sand lashed out at his feet.

"Where is she, damnit..." He came across a small opening in the jungle that the tropical trees had made.

He stood there for a moment. It had been only a day seen he last seen her. Was it? It seemed hard to count the days now.

He walked slowly, he was as dreading his visit as he was enjoying it. This way, at least, he would still be able to see her. But it would never be the same. Nothing would ever be the same.

"Hey, guess what? Saionjii's stopped acting up. Even I've been trying to be more open to people these past days. God, who knows how long we all might see these same faces for? All that seems to be on anyone's mind nowadays is who's gonna die next."

He took a deep, shaky breath in and continued. He had to brave-after all, she was brave for him.

"I know what you'd say if you were here-and yes, I understand that going out at this time is a danger to myself, but it beats having nightmares."

Kuzuryuu sighed, rubbing his hands together to warm them. He kneeled down, touching the cold tombstone and retracting his hands quickly.

"I just...if you were still alive..." He stopped the thought. It wasn't going to happen. Even if she were alive and none of that ever happened, the same thing would've happen, just in different circumstances. Hinata was right, he needed to let go. He stood up.

"God, I miss you."

And with that, the boy walked away, the hollow feeling that ha set in a week since the accident happened shrunk just a tiny bit more.

----------
God I'm sorry that took so long! I had writers block as well as finishing up (would it be freshman year in America?) year 9 and getting a tonne of holiday homework for the next year. Thanks for being so patient!