Chapter 40: To Graduate or Not to Graduate | Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

       "Yeah, pretty much," Kitty said. "So want to get your cap and gown?"

       "I do, but I also don't want to leave here," I said. "I want to be here as soon as the exam results are posted. That way, I don't have to shove anyone out of the way."

       "If it does get crowded as soon as the results are posted, I'll shove everyone out of the way for you," Kitty said.

       "Does this mean I'm off your murder list?"

       "You've been off for a while. Just don't make any mistakes."

       "Okay, but just in advance, what counts as a mistake?"

       "If you have to ask if it's a mistake, chances are it's a mistake."

       Even though Kitty and I got along great now and I would even consider her a, shiver, friend, I was still quite scared of her. In fact, I was more scared of her now than before considering it was quite terrifying that she was actually my friend.

       The two of us waited by my math classroom for the results to be posted, and in the meantime, we were talking about the tour. I knew she was talking about it to try to get my mind off of the results, but I did feel a bit more worried. I was excited to go on tour, and I wouldn't be able to go if I failed.

       When the math teacher finally posted the results, I quickly hurried over to see my mark before it could get too crowded since some students had already piled in the hallway. I scanned the list, looking for my student number to see what the exam results were.

       My student number was halfway through the list and when I finally got to it, I couldn't believe the mark I got.

       I backed away from the list since some people were starting to crowd around it.

       I looked over at Kitty, who had a hopefully look on her face. "So...?"

       "I passed!" I said happily. "With a B!"

       "I knew you could do it!" Kitty said, pulling me into a hug.

       "Well, this isn't something I see everyday," Lulu suddenly said, so Kitty and I pulled away from the hug to see an ever-so confused Lulu and Beau. "Did I enter a parallel universe? Am I in a dream? Seriously, someone tell me what's going on."

       "Oh, we finally put our differences behind us," Kitty said.

       "And by that, she means that she owes me her life because I technically got her a spot on the horse competition touring team thingy," I said.

       "That is not true," Kitty said. "Well, about me owing him my life. He did get me a spot on the team."

       "Why would you do that?" Lulu asked me.

       "Because I am an honourable person," I said. 

       "And because Steph is a backstabbing bitch," Kitty said.

       "Yeah, that too," I said.

       "I am so lost," Beau said.

       "Don't worry, I am too," I said.

       Now that I knew for sure that I was graduating, I went to go pick up my cap and gown since us graduates were going to have to start preparing for the ceremony. I couldn't wait until I graduated from high school, meaning I could spend more time at home checking out Sawyer.

       Since this was a small town, the ceremony didn't take too long and before I knew it, I had officially graduated from high school. After the ceremony ended, I went to where my mom, Dorothy, and Sawyer was. Mom immediately pulled me into a hug. "Congratulations, Jamie," she said.

       "Thank you," I said. "And to think, I almost didn't graduate."

       Mom pulled away from me. "I'm sorry, you what?"

       "Nothing," I said. "Nothing at all. It's not like I was three marks away from failing math."

       "You what?"

       "Don't worry. I got a B on the final exam."

       "That still doesn't explain why you didn't tell me you were close to failing."

       "My teacher didn't tell you either," I said. "So technically, it's his fault you were kept out of the loop." Mom crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Okay, okay. I was worried you would get mad at me because I was an irresponsible math student. I was constantly neglecting my homework because I was training for the cross-country competition so I could get a spot on the team. You're not... You're not going to stop me from going on tour, are you?"

       Mom sighed. "Of course not, Jamie. You're really passionate about horseback riding, and you're on your way to make it an official career. It won't be fair for me to stop you from going on tour. That, and you're turning eighteen next week before tour starts so I won't be able to stop you anyway. Besides, you did turn your grade around and you got a B on your final exam. At least you didn't give up completely."

       "And that would be thanks to Kitty," I said. "She's an amazing tutor. Except for that fact that she wouldn't let Sawyer be in the same room as me when she was tutoring me."

       "Kitty?" Mom asked

       "Yeah, she's a math genius so I asked if she could tutor Jamie," Sawyer said. "And surprisingly, I think they're actually friends now. She did turn over a new leaf so I'm not too mad about it. The only part I'm mad about is all the ideas Kitty keeps giving him."

       "That's not something I expected to hear," Mom said. "But it's great that she changed. Now, let's say we go to the diner to celebrate Jamie's graduation and the two of you going on tour for the summer."

       "Sounds great," I said, knowing that this was going to be one awesome summer.

________________________

and this book is officially over! thank you all for reading it and for putting up with jamie's sexual comments.

book two will probably come tomorrow. i would have at least tried to get the first part (the character list) posted before i got to bed, but i'm feeling a bit sick and just want to lie down lol.

keep an eye out for the second book of this series! i'll update this book with a note when it's posted!