Chapter Thirteen - Here We Go Again

^^^
cause hazel likes pogo songs

LSDJFSLDFJ IM BACK

I'm so, so sorry for being gone so long. I would go on and try to update but my brain just absolutely hated me and decided to be all "hah you wish". BUT HERE I AM AND IM FINALLY MOTIVATED TO WRITE

This entire time I was getting thinks for the story, as well as GFP, all the while watching TWD and screaming at the characters in 13 Reasons Why.

I had to reread the chapters before all of this because I completely forgot like everything except for select parts because my memory sucks, but y'know.

Also, quick question, how would you guys feel if I perhaps made short playlists for characters like Klaus, Toby, Hana, and Hazel? I get bored easily and I think it'd be fun. It would basically be like songs they would listen to/songs that remind me of them.

Alright, enjoy!

►◄►◄►◄

Tobias' POV

►◄►◄►◄

Hi! You must be Tobias! I'm Hana!

    I stared at the girl silently for a long moment. I had so many questions. Well, of course I had a lot of questions. Since when were the dorms coed? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere, and even so, it should've been mentioned at some point, right?

    "Uhm, hello? You are Toby, right?"

    I hesitated as I was brought back to Earth by the girl's voice. "O-Oh, uh, yes, I'm Toby. You're.. my dormmate?" I was aware that I probably sounded extremely skeptical of all of this, perhaps even surprised. My awareness was confirmed correct when the girl — Hana — spoke her next words.

    "You seem so surprised," Hana laughed softly. "Are you shocked that I'm a girl?" 

    "I— Well, just a little.. shocked, I suppose. I didn't know that these were coed dorms. Sorry, is that offensive? If it is, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to-"

    "Oh, no, it's quite alright." Hana smiled, sitting down on her bed. Her smile was kind, despite her slightly intimidating appearance. "Of course it would be surprising to come into your dorm and see some random girl there. That's completely understandable. But yes, these are the coed dorms, and although I would love to get to know you, don't be afraid to try and get a different dorm."

    "Oh, erm, I- I think I might.. stay?" I said hesitantly. I didn't want to leave and make the girl feel like I left just because of her. That would be rude, right?

    "Oh? Are you sure? Well then, make yourself at home. I was actually going to head out in a few minutes, but I think I'll head out now to give you a little bit of privacy so you can look around the room and such."

    "Y-You really don't have to do that, honestly. Uhm, you don't have to leave, I mean. Sorry, do I sound awkward? I probably sound awkward?" I rubbed my neck, shifting slightly. I hadn't talked to many people besides Klaus in quite a while, or at least since near the end of senior year. 

    "Nah, it's just a matter of leaving a few minutes early." I watched as Hana stood, flattening her shirt, although, in my opinion, it was completely fine. "I'm going to see my girlfriend anyway, so why wouldn't I want to leave a little earlier? I'll cya tonight, Toby. Alright?"

    "Oh, uh, yeah, alright." But before I could respond, Hana was out the door. I heaved a sigh before flopping back onto my bed and shutting my eyes. 

►◄►◄►◄

    There was a loud growling sound in my ear, and I instantly awoke.

    Turns out the sound was just my stomach, as I hadn't eaten all day due to the amount of driving I had done. When I finally managed to sit up and look at the time, I realized that it was 9:00 PM, meaning I probably would be up for the whole night. That wasn't something I minded much since the only thing that mattered to me right now was getting food.

    So, I got up and headed out of the room.

    Most people were already back in their dorms, probably getting ready to do whatever they did at night. This left the lounge mostly empty and the vending machine completely free of people. When I reached the vending machine, I glanced around to make sure that no one I could've possibly known was around to bother me, then I reached into my pockets and pulled out my wallet and, after locating what I wanted, two dollars. 

    The machine, of course, had to decline my money multiple times, although after a struggle I finally managed to get the money to go in. I then pressed the C7 button for the bag of chips I wanted, and it soon fell to the bottom of the vending machine. I reached down and grabbed it from inside, then stood. 

    That's when I heard it.

   The all-too-familiar voice of Hazel Brakley.

   "Toby?"

►◄►◄►◄

should I draw a character from this story? if so, who?