Chapter Three, Part Two - The Party

And now for the moment no one's been waiting for 'cause nobody reads this yet. 

This chapter is written in Hazel's POV, starting from when Toby and he arrived at the party and going to when he dropped Toby off at his house.

After this chapter, things'll go back to Toby's POV.

►◄►◄►◄

Hazel's POV

►◄►◄►◄

I waited for Toby to step out of my car, glad that he was wearing my old hoodie. It had always been my favorite, and I was silently hoping Toby would keep it. Almost like a gift to him, but he didn't know it was a gift.

As soon as he saw the house, a look of worry and fear fell on his face, which caused me to worry. Should I have brought him here in the first place? What was I thinking? The guy had never been to a party in his life and had never done anything exciting. "We can go if you want. You don't have to be here. I can just say you got sick." 

The boy shook his head, a look of determination on his face. "I can do this."

God, he's so adorable.

"You just have to stick with me during the party and you'll be fine, although I have to talk with some friends real quick before going inside. You should wait for me where all the drinks are."

Friends. More like psychotic bitches.

"Okay, I got it. Promise it'll only be a few minutes?"

I gave him a nod that I hoped was reassuring. "No drinking for you, okay?" After I received a nod from Toby, I walked toward the 'friends' I was meeting with.

"Hazel!" Sierra ran up to me, latching onto me like I was her boyfriend again. I always found myself questioning why I even dated her. Sure, I was pretty desperate to date pretty much every girl in the school, but she was way too annoying and disgusting for my taste. 

Every day I wake up and think to myself how much of an idiot I am. I do all these things just to get my mind off of him, but now I'm over here 'dating' him.

I stared at her, gently pushing her off. "Sierra, I asked you not to do that. We aren't dating, remember? I'm dating Toby, remember?" Why did it feel so satisfying to say that? This was not the way to get my mind off of him.

I could tell Sierra was upset by just the mention of Toby. "I know, but that was just because.. because we're friends and you give the best hugs." It was an obvious lie. 

I rolled my eyes. "Don't touch me," I said plainly. "Now, why am I supposed to be here?" I glanced around to a few of Sierra's friends. I knew for a fact she had slept with every one of them since they were all guys and could somehow still stand her.

One of the guys stepped forward. I think his name was Brandon, but I never had time to memorize names anyways. Only the names of my friends, and sadly, Sierra's name. "Let's go talk somewhere.. private." I gave him a glare, annoyed that I had to be dragged away from Toby to talk to these people. The group began walking a little way away from the house and I followed just to get this over with. 

We ended up by some trees where no one else was. Brandon spoke. "Break up with Shy Guy."

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't tell me what to do," I paused, smirking. "Brady, was it? I'm not going to break up with Toby just because some measly guy told me to." I could tell he wasn't happy that I had gotten his name wrong.