Chapter 6

The Conductor, looking down and away from Grooves, to try and hide his face. But with just a tiny tilt to the left Grooves can see.... wait is that tears running down from where the Conductor's eyes might be.Grooves coving his mouth in shock as to try and muffle out his sympathy for the Conductor not making him feel any worst then what he's feeling. 

"I have been an old fool, haven't I?" The Conductor attempts to say as normally as he could, but with hints of him starting to choke on most of his words. 

"What?" 

"Ach you heard me." 

"No you just surprised me as to why would you say that about yourself." 

"It be dhe DRUTH, I know it and YOU know, and it now only dook us dis long to realise what we've done was childish and ... and I don'd even know why I did dhid to byself" 

He broke. 

Sobbing his little heart, with streams of snot and tears running down his face. He knew what he had been doing was stupid, and feels just horrible.Grooves was shocked, his rival whose known to never admit he was wrong, just collapsed like a Crumbling tower, with each bit of emotion weighing down each part until there is nothing but rubble. 

"I should be too, Darling" Grooves admitting with his faults as well, climbing on to the bed to sit next to Conductor and starts to cuddle him. 

"It feels horrible to be like this, I can imagine how you must feel, you've been so stubborn, but I can't bare to see you like this; even at your worst, I sympathise with you." 

The Conductor in disbelief that his rival has sympathy for him.... he then reached his arms around Grooves' to hug back. 

"I actually have sympathy for you too, coming second for so long and not giving up; I can respect that, it probably felt great when you actually won, it may have hurt me, but I was more determined to get my winning streak back." 

"It's just so hard now to think about what I could do for film ideas, this is my dream... I don't it to die.... not yet any way...." 

He starts sobbing again. 

"I even forget to bring me keys for work, which makes me even more of a Peck Neck, I'm loosing it." The last of his words squeaked.Tears have now started to fall down Grooves' cheek as well, he nuzzles into the Conductor head, hugging him tight, feeling moved of what Conductor had said about his rival, that he respected Grooves for his many attempts to become first in the awards but fails and yet keeps trying. 

And yet he'd admits his having trouble to someone rather than keeping it hidden until it could bite him later witch might do more damage than what his at right now. 

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, you have me working with you. The pressure is now shared between us so that we don't have to hold it all on our own when we worked alone, and I believe we can do this, do you believe too, darling? 

Conductor too nuzzled back having calmed down completely from his crying, feeling at ease to finally get out what he bottled up for so long and knowing what he said was only heard by Grooves and to not told to anyone else. 

"Ok.... lets do it, lad.... but can ya, not say anything about HOW this come to be to your penguins, or the owls....or anyone.....please? Just spare 'em the details, plain and simple, would ya?" 

"What we say in this room will not be said outside of it, you have my word, they shouldn't need to know as it has nothing to do with them, just between us" 

"Thank you." 

The two bird feel at peace, the soothing of their nuzzling on each other's head they fallen to sleep where they sat.