Chapter 1

On an early, cold, winter morning outside Dead Bird Studio, was quiet..... oh wait, not any more as one of the directors has arrived for work in style reflecting only what his movies have and no surprise have always been. Funky music is heard from the grooves vehicle with it's driver bopping his head along the beats. 

He reaches for the keys to turn off the engine when a glimpse of short figure making his way to the main entrance of the studio. 

"Darn it, Conductor's here" huffed Grooves, he let go of the keys a little disappointed he can't head in as we all know what him and the Conductor are like - butting heads, mouthing each other off... well, Conductor does, Grooves doesn't like to swear. 

And right on queue, one of his favourite tracks plays, Picture Perfect."Maybe just one more song before heading in, it'll stall some time for Conductor to be on his set before thinking of heading in myself."Chilled and relaxed, the penguin sat back into his chair feeling content with sound of calm and mellow of the funky tune that was Picture Perfect. 

As the funk disappeared, the song ended to Grooves dismay, but work must be done for the new Annual Bird Movie Awards that's on its way. He switched of his engine and exited his vehicle, and headed to the Studio entrance. The early sun rising in front of the DJ's vision who can barely see what is there in front of him, getting closer to the front doors will block the sun light from behind the dark building, but as the sun hid, something shocking was then revealed. 

"Oh, Darling!"DJ Grooves was in disbelief, to avoid another bad morning with his rival, the old yellow bird thing is still at the front entrance. Why....? It's too late for Grooves to go back in to his boogie mini-bus as the other penguins and owls will be arriving to work soon to get started on the newest films, and how unprofessional it would be if their Directors aren't there first to get on the production.So with no choice but to interact with the owl thing, DJ Grooves headed over to the doors. 

"Good Morning" the Giant penguin greeted in a monotone voice as if his whole morning had been ruined. Why say good morning to the man you hate? Well we know that Grooves is good mannered. But is he really going to expect one back from... 

"Mmmm-mmornnnnning" a quiet, shivering peeped out. 

Groove's eye were almost visible through his sun shades from the shock of hearing The Conductor saying Morning to him, and not with the P-word after as well. But Grooves notices that Conductor's jacket was puffed up, and he was shaking like a leaf in place.The Conductor hadn't even made an attempt to open the door. Five long minutes just standing in front of the building. He didn't even have the front key in his hands. 

"Allow me, darling" the DJ reaching for his key in is groovy jacket, in his grasp a shiny key with it hanging of was a disco ball keychain. Inserting the key in to the lock, a loud muffled noise made the blue penguin jump and nearly break his key. Looking at the Conductor from his front for the first time he's seen him this morning.But what he is seeing is the answer. 

The Conductor had just blown his .... nose? .... Beak? into his handkerchief only to reveal where his nostrils might be is bright red, crusty sore. He may be shivering but his face shows him being flustered with heat from his very drenched forehead.The lock clicked. 

"After you", Grooves holding the door open for the shaken bird. 

"Ttthhanks" Conductor stuttered even more, rubbing his arms for warmth and slowing shuffling towards the open door, Grooves followed in as well.The two birds head in for another day of work that may not be their typical day at the office.