Four

Calysta stood in front of her mirror, smoothing the dress she was wearing for tonight. She decided to go with red to show her family colors. Gwen braided a small section of her hair to create a braided crown while the rest were curled down Calysta's back. The young princess hummed a little lullaby to calm her nerves. She might be a princess, but she still doesn't do well in big crowds. She just puts on a brave face and pretends she does.

"You got this," Calysta muttered to herself as she heard a knock on the door

"You got this," Calysta muttered to herself as she heard a knock on the door. She thought it was Gwen. She asked her friend to come knowing that Arthur would be with his friends and Morgana would be flirting with some of the knights.

Calysta stormed over to the door and had a smile on her face but it faltered when Arthur stood on the other side. Callie rolled her eyes and went to shut the door in his face but Arthur stopped it before she could.

"Still not talking?" Arthur asked. Calysta gave him a blank stare and crossed her arms. "So, yes." Nothing. "Come on, Callie, this is going on too far, don't you think?" She raised her brow. "Ok, maybe I have gone too far and I was close to hurting you. I've realized what I did was wrong and I've upset you, which is the last thing I want."

Arthur sighed as his baby sister didn't say anything. "Will an early birthday gift make up for it?" he asked as he pulled a small box out of his hands. He opened it to reveal a golden necklace with the Pendragon sigil on the pendant, making the girl gasp. "I was thinking about giving you a sword but I'd figured that you used it on me first."

"You thought correctly," Calysta spoke but she had a small smile on her face.

Arthur took the necklace off the case and clasped it on her. He smiled as Calysta looked down at the pendant. "You look beautiful, Callie," he said.

"You're just saying that to butter me up. But fine. I forgive you. Now, if that's all..."

Arthur shook his head. "Actually..." He held his elbow out for her. "I couldn't let you walk in there without an escort." Calysta smiled at him. "Shall we?"

She nodded and closed her chamber door. She looped her arm through her brother's and left.

》》》》

The party was at full swing. Gwen arrived and apologized saying she had to finish Morgana's hair, but Calysta said it was fine. Gwen knew of Arthur's plan of apologizing, the prince even asked her to keep Morgana company so he could take his sister. Gwen knew his plan worked when she saw the necklace around the princess.

"It's beautiful, My Lady," Gwen said.

Calysta looked down and nodded. "I keep forgetting Arthur knows me better than anyone else in Camelot." She realized what she said. "Besides you, Gwen!"

Gwen chuckled. "It's all right, My Lady." She motioned to the knights. Arthur was talking to one of them, about his battle with Merlin - as the young sorcerer entered with Gaius - but one of the knights was focused on the princess. "I think you've captured Sir Jesper's attention."