chapter twenty six ; swag

Olivia

We walked to my house together, one of my hands in my pocket and the other intertwined with Zach's, talking and goofing around in the snow.

Everything's so perfect at the moment. I just hope there'll be nothing to ruin it anytime soon.

The two of us got to my front porch then he faced me and kissed the back of my palm. "You're so cute when you're blushing... You know that right?"

I felt heat on my cheeks right then. "I'm not! It's j - just cold, Zach..."

He smirked at me then leaned in.

And that's when my mom opened the door...

We scrambled to pull apart and fix our stances. Nice timing, mom.

Zach cleared his throat. "Uh, here's your daughter. I'm sorry I got her home late, we lost track of the time..."

I snickered. Here's your daughter? He literally sounded like I was borrowed and now he's giving me back. Such wonderful choice of words...

Mom looked at me suspiciously before replying to Zach. "Well, thank you for bringing her home." She smiled, thinking of something for a second. "Actually, would you want to stay for the night?"

I looked at her wide eyed. Why would she ask him that? "Mom!"

"I'd be honored to." He smirked at me.

"B - but I have school tomorrow..."

Mom beamed at me. "He can bring you there!"

I groaned. Well, I guess it's fine. I wouldn't want him to walk back to his house in this weather... "Okay."

"He's sleeping in the guest room, though!" She winked. Oh my god... Please stop.

My cheeks went red at her suggestive words. "I knew... Uh, let's go in now?"

Zach nodded and smirked at me again. Ugh. Whatever.

"So, I'm going to sleep now. Olivia, go lend him dad's extra clothes in the guest room, wil you?" Mom asked from me. I just shrugged as I watched her leave me with Zach.

He gave me a goofy grin and held my hand as soon as we were alone. "Guest room for what?"

I pulled him to the room with was just across the hall from my own bedroom. "Sometimes when relatives go here... And it sucks how I'm the one who's in front of their door. I always get bothered."

"Sucks for you." He muttered as we entered the room.

I walked to the lacquered brown cabinet and took out some of dad's clean, but old, clothes to lend him. "Here you go. I need to make sure you're not sick. Your biznatches wouldn't like that now, would they?" I frowned, remembering something. "By the way... Have you posted anything today?"

"I made Parker edit and post it, don't worry. I knew I'd be spending all day with you so I asked him to do it." Zach winked.

My mouth went agape. "Never put me before your fans ever again, got it?" I accusingly pointed at him, my hand on my waist.

"Too bad, you're my bæ. You're always gonna be put before anyone else." And with that, I was pulled into another sweet kiss.

The next day, I woke up at exactly six in the morning. Usually, I'd keep pressing snooze until about quarter to seven and rush my way to school. Not today though, since I knew I had to wake up before Zach does. Wouldn't want him to see me like this, right?