14. Lake Silhouette

Start from the beginning

Kyle passed a hand down his face. He needed help but didn't want to say it.

"Okay. Josh jump over first. Run and jump. Once there, you can help us get the others over."

Kyle started, before remembering that JJ, Josh's younger brother, was the athlete, not Josh.

"Okay, I'll go first." I announced.

I ran towards the creepy scary lady before spinning around in a U-turn and racing back, taking a leap. It felt amazing to just be hanging in the air, nothing under you.....okay, I'm lying, it was terrifying! Luck for my long legs, I got over fine. Unlucky for my clumsy self, I fell to my face.

Of course, only you guys know that, so I played it off as normal by kissing the ground and saying thanks.

"Are you done?" Lady Louisa's twisted lips gets me up to my feet.

"Yes, mama."

"Boy I ain't your mama."

"Sorry, Ma'am." She rolled her eyes.

"What are them boys doing over there. Were losing daylight!" She made hand signals motioning them over.

"Ready Dante?" Kyle called over and I gave some thumbs up.

First, Jaela ran forward and josh and Kyle boosted her up as she jump. All that was left to do was catch her.

Which I did. Just thought you should know.

They continued until everyone had gotten across and we all had a group moment before racing off down the path.

Soon, the creepy zombie-lady-person-thing was close enough to us, and so were her buddies.

But I doubt she could have done the jump so I teased backward as we raced forward. Scary enough, she teased back before leaping off the end and ....actually landing on the other side.

"Guys! Guys, run!"

We sprinted, down the hill, across a short pathway, crossing a dirt roadway, before we reached the green lawn just beside the lake house. All were images brought to life from my dreams.

Even more creepy were the faces peering out at us through the windows of the lake house.

"Why do I feel like we're being watched?" Josh asked.

"Maybe because we are." I insisted.

"Wait, they're still after us?" Jaela spun, and so did we.

"They wouldn't dare cross the dirt road." Lady Louisa informed as she stood at the edge of the boardwalk.

"Then who's watching us?" Jonny questioned.

"Them." I waved my hand along, pointing at all the windows.

The faces seemed to multiply at my acknowledgement.

"Umm...Dante,  there's no one there." Josh whispered.

"There sure are people in there. Plenty of faces. Your friend there is unlucky enough to see them. Last girl who could ended up being buried six months later. But, it's not important. We'll deal with that later, one thing at a time boys. And I think I've found our little lady." Lady Louis called over to us as she leaned over the very edge.