8. Nightmares Turned Daydreams

Mark:

Somewhere along this part of the book we're writing in, our mentor told us to stop using a full page for ourselves. 

Of course, it happened when my chapter came. 

Here's my......Josh says the word is narrative.... here's my narrative.

Location: My room and Nightmare's place

________

Monday was like every other morning. At least it should have been but I woke up to find myself undressed and lying inside of the shower.

My dream had been about me being naked and running through the woods with no purpose or reason towards an unknown destination.

I shuddered before taking a quick shower and heading over to my room where I saw that it was already half past eight. I threw on some clothes and ran out the door.

I was panting when I saw Lady Louisa sitting in an old rocking chair beside the road way.

Her eyes were shut and she was wearing her usual red and black clothing with her red and purple scarf tied around her head.

I tried to sneak past her but it didn't work.

'I've been expecting you child.' She said then her eyes shut open.

I gulped but she laughed casually. 'You can run but we'll always keep meeting up, you know.'

I thought about it for a moment and realised she was right. I stopped.

'Good morning, Mark.' She said and I turned to face her.

'Good morning.'

It was weird that I wasn't shaking or scared. She really seemed quite normal, aside from the rocking chair and clothing and being in the middle of a deserted street.

'You're wondering why I'm all the way out here, aren't yah?' She chuckled and stood up.

She walked around the chair and paused for just a second. 'C'mon, boy.'

I really didn't want to go but somehow, the prospect of reaching to school late and getting away with it was quite low so why not just skip altogether.

'Okay.'

She didn't walk very far. Just straight through the trees and left. Somehow, she had hidden her living from the rest of us by building a small house just behind a good bit of shrubbery and tall trees. The clearing around her home was nowhere close to small but it wasn't large either. It was perfect for the house size and allowed a cosy feeling.

'Do you have a basement?' I couldn't help but ask and she just shook her head, chuckling dryly. She walked into the house but left the door open giving me the hint that I could follow since she was leaving me with a choice.

'Tea? Biscuits?' She asked setting them out on the small table in her living room which had three couches, all closely arranged with a dining room table for four persons just behind it. Again, nothing was given so much room as to call the space big but the space was not small either. It was perfect.

'Sure' I said trying to not be rude.

She settled down onto the couch and I could tell from the way she was fidgeting with her fingers, the way I do, that she was nervous and trying to figure out why she had brought me here.