9. Bells

Kyle:

Kyle Jason Bones here, again. It hasn't been that long but just thought I'd introduce myself so you remember me. As Mark said...We're only allowed like six lines now instead of a full page.

We're only allowed like six lines now instead of a full page

-KYLE-

Also, please refrain from asking about why I ran off recently. Let's leave that in the past shall we.

.......

Location:  You guys can figure it out...I've got this thing to write plus an essay...

Chapter Title: BELLS

After Josh's grandmother's funeral things seemed to spike up. I started having nightmares like crazy and the hallucinations were increasing with every second.

At home, whenever my sister Kelly came into the house, I would jump at the sounds and though they should have just been regular footsteps, they sounded like someone was pounding their way into my room.

In the shower, hand prints appeared on the glass and mirror.

In my bedroom, I covered my mirrors because I kept seeing lakes and cemeteries reflected in them.

In the morning, I kept waking up to a flooded room with rain pouring and lightning flashing and hands pulling me under the dark grey-blue water; to then actually wake up and realize that it was only a dream. Reoccurring every day of the week.

It's only been two days and somehow, all of us called each other to cancel meeting at our usual spot.

The Sunday, we all missed church and the family day. There was something wrong and we all knew it. Monday morning was a great day to sleep in late but I woke up draped over the upstairs banister. Dangling in only a jersey that belonged to my father of all people. Upon waking up, I could have sworn there were church bells ringing.

Fresh awake, I took a quick shower and threw on clothes before racing out the house and to join Jonathan, Josh and Dante on their way to school. It was eight o'clock and Mark was usually earlier out than us so we knew immediately that he wouldn't be joining us.

'Good morning.' Josh greeted and we all responded to his greeting by shrugging.

'Did you do what we asked?' Jonathan asked and I gulped as I nodded.

'Phew. Okay.' He responded pulling his bag straps snuggly onto his shoulders.

'First I started hallucinating and seeing and hearing things that weren't there. I kept dreaming about churches and bells then cows and bells and then school bells and before I knew it, I was a bell. Then I woke up hanging halfway over the upstairs banister swinging back and forth.' I started.