Looking for something right

Let's start this story with Lan Zhan's POV - Enjoy! 
_____________

Before the Sunshot Celebration

Lan Wangji had the feeling his brother knew about his somehow fangirlish obsession with Wei Wuxian. At first, he wasn't really sure, if he was just imagining things. But when he one day came home from university to find a whole bag filled with flyers, shampoo bottles, and basically every product with the model's face on laying on his bed... It seemed like he couldn't hide anything from Xichen... Well, almost anything.

They didn't talk about it, obviously. Xichen just showed his knowing smile whenever an advertisement with Wei Wuxian was on TV while they were waiting for the news or their favorite shows. He probably also knew that Lan Wangji was a longtime fan of the model. Being the always attentive brother, he had picked up on Lan Zhan's ever-changing behavior years ago!

His brother still didn't know the whole story – or the... intensity of their relationship. Hell, he didn't even know that Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian actually knew each other (more than well).

When Lan Zhan first discovered Wei Wuxian and his YouTube channel, the boy had just started making content. They were both teenagers back then and Wangji was still in Middle School, around 12 years old. He just randomly found this video of Wei Wuxian playing his flute Chenqing and talking about his – as he described it – boring as hell day. Lan Zhan was pretty much hooked after that, watching the nearly daily vlogs day after day.

Wei Wuxian became a constant figure in his life. He actually made Lan Wangji do something he had never done before: He actively reached out to another person. He contacted the YouTuber. It started with writing comments on his videos, complimenting his flute-play, or asking polite questions about his health. Their contact continued after that.

Aside from him being bored, the state of his health was another topic Wei Wuxian talked about often. Since people were wondering why he sometimes looked so sickly, why he complained about boredom so often and a few times even uploaded a video showing him in a hospital room, viewers got worried, so, he kept them updated on his health. He explained how he as a preemie was born with a very weak immune system, how that developed in generally bad health, and how his homeschooling and home life were doing.

The mails Lan Zhan wrote Wei Wuxian in private started after the YouTuber had not posted a video in a whole week – which was pretty unusual for him. Lan Wangji was very worried and wrote him a personal message.

And he actually got an answer.

Wei Wuxian was really touched that this person, who had been commenting on his videos from basically day one, was concerned about his wellbeing. They started chatting more and more often, about their days, their moods, life... basically everything and anything.

And Lan Wangji liked it. He liked it a lot.

He didn't tell the boy that he was one of the Lan heirs, because he feared that Wei Wuxian would treat him differently afterward. And he didn't want his behavior to change. He liked how Wei Wuxian would just tell his opinion straightforward. They asked each other for advice without getting judged or questioned for it. He was funny and he was honest. He was basically everything that Lan Zhan wanted in a friend – even though he never even realized that before.

They became best friends, even when at this point, it was just a pen pal-friendship in the YouTube message system. They even called each other by their birth names – Wei Ying and Lan Zhan.

There were times when Wei Wuxian didn't feel good because of his health and he wouldn't upload videos for a few days. When he felt too weak and tired, he would actually not even text Lan Wangji... Instead, he would make a video and send it to him. Wei Wuxian didn't want his friend to worry about him too much, so that was the easiest solution.