Chapter Eighteen: What He Always Wanted

POV: Michael April 3, 1992

Visiting Nicholas's home was something that I always looked forward to doing. Knowing that I would be seeing him, and sharing his company always made me excited, a little anxious, but just as giddy. This time, however, was the complete opposite. He had invited me over to his home for the afternoon, and my first instinct was to decline. Since the first kiss, we shared in his living room that one night, I vowed to never step foot in their house again. I had completely disrespected their home and their marriage. Going back would be a slap in the face to his wife, and I could not face seeing her again.

But like the idiot I am, I couldn't turn him down. When he called me over the phone after he left Neverland, he insisted I come to spend time with him while he had some free time from work. I could have said no, I could have made up a lie and told him I was busy, but the excitement in his voice prevented me from doing such a thing. He knew I was hesitant to say yes, and he told me he wasn't taking no for an answer. I'm not going to lie, I am very much attracted to him taking a little control. What can I say? I like what I like.

And as much as I liked it, it had no effect on my crazy nerves as I sat in the back seat of my SUV that was slowly pulling into their driveway. During the whole ride, I sat and looked outside of my window trying to keep my mind off of seeing Rayna again. I caught myself a few times trying to figure out what to say and how to say it, it felt like I was on my way to my first interview; afraid of opening my mouth and saying anything wrong, or suspicious. For anyone who knows me, keeping secrets as big as this one is something that I have a very hard time doing, knowing this much information and acknowledging that I am the cause for it all really eats me up inside.

"Are you just going to sit there?" I flinched violently in the back seat, hand over my chest as I tried to catch my breath from suddenly being startled by Oliver's voice. He was standing there holding the back door open, staring at me awkwardly. Zoned out again, please don't do this when you get inside of this man's house.

"Y-yes, sorry." I quickly hopped out, giving Oliver an embarrassed smile as he shook his head in amusement.  I stayed behind him as we approached the front door using him as some type of shield like a complete fool. Everything in me wanted to turn around and change my mind about the whole thing. Make up an excuse that I suddenly felt sick and needed to head back home regardless of the long drive we took to get here. However, it was too late as Oliver rang the doorbell. I prayed to God she wasn't here, then maybe my nerves would ease up a little. I gazed down at my feet, I could feel Oliver taking a few glances at me, he knew something was wrong but now wasn't the right time to address it.

The sound of the door opening made me tense up, but I dared not to look. Until I heard his voice. "Hey! I'm glad y'all could make it." My head snapped up to see Nicholas standing there smiling looking as handsome as ever. He had shaken Oliver's hand and led him inside, I took a few steps towards him and we made eye contact immediately. I felt myself relaxing a little as I sheepishly smiled back at him, he looked so good and so happy to see me. Instead of shaking his hand he pulled me in for a warm hug and I reveled in it, I could feel his hand slightly trail down to the small of my back discretely and I hope that Oliver didn't notice. We separated and I gazed up at his beautiful features. "How are you?" He whispered.

"I'm good" ...Now. Being with him just made me feel so content. At one point I forgot Oliver was even in the room and I quickly looked over to see him looking at the both of us. His expression didn't show any suspicion so I didn't think anything of it, but I didn't want to give him any thoughts. I quickly stepped back from Nicholas clearing my throat, and he scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. I darted my eyes over to Oliver who was observing the different art pieces decorating the walls to give him the hint. Rather than chilling out, Nicholas bit his bottom lip scanning his eyes up and down my body. I tried not to show any type of reaction but the slight shiver that wracked my body from his actions didn't go unnoticed by him. He smirked and I was glad at that moment a voice redirected our attention... However, it wasn't the voice I wanted to hear.