Chapter Five: We Shall Meet Again

POV: Eddie October 2, 2008 2:58 am

    I was pissed. I was utterly pissed. After the meeting with Michael, and his lawyer and management team, I had spent the rest of my night blowing up Makai's phone to get an explanation as to why I was the main one being targeted for his bullshit, but like the self-centered, immature kid that he was, he refused to answer.

So many thoughts were running through my mind after I left the restaurant that night. I couldn't put a finger on how I actually felt about Michael himself after interacting with him face to face. Was he an emotional wreck? Yes, mysterious? Absolutely. A murderer? That has yet to be determined. He was soft spoken, fragile from what I could see, but had the guts to approach me with that idiotic gag order and threaten to take everything I had. As sweet and innocent, and beautiful looking he came off to be, I wasn't taking any orders from anybody. Beautiful looking? Seriously Eddie? Damn man get it together.

Makai had been ignoring me for almost a week now, which struck me as odd since he was always the one blowing up my phone, answering my calls on the first ring, and showing up to my house during ungodly hours that irritated me greatly. Which is so ironic, because I'm standing outside of his grandparents home pounding on the door to get his ass outside.

Bang! Bang! "Makai! I know your ass is home, answer the door!" I had been standing outside for 20 minutes waiting for him in the freezing cold, but my pent up anger withheld enough heat within me to stand it. Mind you, I didn't show up to his house without the knowledge of him being there; I had called earlier, and his grandmother informed me that he had been home all week. I found out this was true when I pulled up, and noticed his black BMW was parked in the family driveway. I contemplated on disturbing the peace, when I remembered he had no problem disturbing mine. I banged again. "Makai, come on now don't play with me." I then noticed an upstairs bedroom light flicker on, and the sound of rushed footsteps making its way towards the front door. The door swung open furiously, revealing a tired annoyed looking Makai.

"What the fuck Eddie!" He groaned as I pushed passed him embracing the heat of the inside. Makai quietly shut the door and I faced him. He stood there barefoot, wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a WWE t-shirt. His eyes were red, and lines of deep sleep were visible on the right side of his face.

"Did I wake you?" I smirked as he glared at me. Oh poor you.

"Hell yeah man, the fuck you doing here at..." He glanced at the nearby digital clock shining on the wall. "Three in the fucking morning!?" He sounded shocked, and I tried my best not to laugh, so I stuck with my smirk.

"I don't know, you tell me Kai." I raised a brow, and slowly walked towards him. He froze, awaiting my next move. "Why the fuck haven't you been answering my calls man?" I questioned. He shook his head, looking the other way, and I waited for an explanation.

"I've been tryna' lay low alright? I was getting calls from different people. Threats, about this whole case."

"And when the fuck were you gonna' tell me Kai?" I paused waiting for an answer, but he kept quiet, still looking away from me. I found that to be extremely rude, but I kept going. "Well, while your dumb ass was out laying low, I was getting phone calls too... I had a meeting with Michael and his team." That seemed to have gotten his attention.

"Wait, what?" He looked at me this time. "You met him?" I could see a storm of emotions brewing in his eyes; Shock, confusion, a little sick, but I wasn't here to coddle him.