Chapter 4

You fall asleep on the couch, because your mom wasn't going to let you out of her sight until the murderer was caught. You wake up earlier than usual, you roll over and look at your moms phone, which read 3:45 in the morning. You groan and sit up, rubbing your eyes. You stand upon and stretch before heading to the kitchen, leaving your sleeping mother in the living room. You grab a bowl of ice cream and sit on the kitchen counter to eat it when a figure outside of the window catches your eye. You sit still as the figure approaches the kitchen window and stares into the house. He scans the kitchen before his eyes land on you. He catches your eye and smiles widely, he seemed to have cut an even bigger smile into his face. He reaches into his pocket and grabs something. When he pulls it out your eyes widen in terror, it was your house key. 

     You bolt out of the kitchen and wake up your mother in a panic. She grabs her phone and calls the police, urging you to go to you bedroom and lock your door. You beg her to come with you but she stays behind to protect you. With tears in your eyes you rush to your room and slam the door, locking it and putting a chair in front of it. You look around for something to use as a weapon and you see a hammer on your desk. You grab it and hide on the other side of your bed, facing the door. You hear your moms panicked voice on the phone and then an earsplitting scream that soon turned to pure silence. Not even the sound of the police on the other end of the phone. You hear the front door slam and then police sirens coming from down the street. Suddenly the glass to your window shatters and Jeff jumps through it, hitting your head with the blunt end of his knife, knocking you to the floor. 

     You struggle to get up and accidentally pull the laptop off of your bed. It falls open on the floor and lights up briefly. You raise your shaky arm to hit Jeff with the hammer, he smirks at your attempt and cuts your arm. You gasp as the pain hits you. You react by hitting Jeff in the shoulder with the hammer, causing him to drop his knife momentarily. He picks it ups as you crawl towards the door. He throws the knife and you move before it can embed itself into your brain, it cuts your cheek and you taste your own blood. You hear the police sirens outside of your house and you pull yourself up, using the doorknob as support. "Go. To. Sleep," Jeff growls as he picks his knife up and presses the dull side into your throat. You try desperately to escape but the knife was cutting off your air supply and you were losing consciousness quickly. You see a flash of bright green light and Jeff dropping his knife before you slump to the floor, hitting your head on the doorknob. You see a shadowy figure as Jeff jumps out of the window and runs into the forest. You let your eyes slide closed and you feel a hand on yours as you lose your grip on reality.