[26] Popcorn Theory

NOTE:
This story will be removed the moment I finish it's prequel (S's & Ex's). And then I'm going to rewrite this <3
See description for link.

Definition: Slut
[26] Popcorn Theory

I frowned, watching Emily carry a box filled of paper with her. She bumped into a dresser in an attempt to open the door with one hand while she lifted a leg up to balance the weight of the box. She looked kind of funny. Emily cursed when she accidently dropped the box, hissing as she kicked it hard.

"Em," I said, closing my book. "What're you up to?" You see, when she arrived back from her last exam, Emily began to empty out her binders and desk of papers and place them all neatly in a box. It took her around half an hour to finish what she was doing. I assumed that she just wanted to clear out her things for next semester, but now, maybe she had other plans for it.

She groaned. "Trying to open the door but this box of junk is not cooperating!"

"You're throwing your notes away?" I wondered. I already cleaned out my binders and folders, but I kept everything in a box under my bed. I mean, what if I needed it later on? "Don't you need that for your intermediate courses or something?"

"I have it all in my laptop anyway," she said, shrugging as she opened the door and picked up her box. "I'm going to shred them."

"Why?"

"As a symbol of freedom," she answered seriously. I thought she was joking but when she didn't say anything afterwards, I realized that she was serious. I gave her a funny look. How would shredding paper symbolize freedom anyway? The most I could think of was they could recycle it and save trees. Though, I didn't think that was what she meant.

"Haven't you ever made a bonfire at the end of the school year to burn your notes and make smores afterwards?" she asked, placing the box down on the floor before she closed the door and placed her hands on her hips. Emily tilted her head an raised an brow.

I shook my head in response. "That's not good for the environment," I pointed out.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm shredding them and then recycling," she said proudly. "It's a lot less exciting but it still holds the meaning. Somewhat. Harriet does it, too. Wanna join us?"

"I don't really have anything to shred. I might need my notes for next semester," I answered. Honestly, it was a Saturday afternoon and I still had to finish my packing before I had to go back home. The group made plans to eat out later tonight, and I knew that we were going to stay up late so I figured that I might use this time to just relax and possible take a nap.

Lately, after Oliver and I got together (yeah, I know. It's still pretty new to me), I've spent too much time with him already. We would meet up for lunch and hangout the whole afternoon. Andrew would tag along with us for an hour or two, and then we'd have the rest of the afternoon to ourselves. During the night, after spending the day together, he would call and we'd talk for hours on the phone. It wasn't even normal.

I was pretty sure I lost a total of twenty hours of sleep the past five days because of him.

If I wasn't with Oliver, I'd be with Mia doing girl things. Or help Emily with her studying since she still had some exams to write. Tonight, I knew that I needed the extra hours of sleep so that I wouldn't pass out in the middle of a conversation or eating.

That would be embarrassing.

I'd want to go shred some paper with them since it sounded like an interesting idea but I also needed my sleep. Plus, it wasn't as if I had anything I'd want to get rid of.