[13] Two Is Better Than One

NOTE:
This story will be removed the moment I finish it's prequel (S's & Ex's). And then I'm going to rewrite this <3
See description for link.

Definition: Slut
[13] Two Is Better Than One

_________________
PREVIOUSLY:
After Emily invited both her friends were to attend her parent's anniversary the following weekend. Mia agreed to go once she found out that Damien was not going. Emily suspected that both were avoiding each other, but didn't press. Ella then speaks with Oliver the next day, discussing the weekend and Ella's before she discussed some technicalities with Andrew. They then look for Monique who was making her way out of campus, following a very strict and scary father.
_________________

"He hates my guts. I tried to change for the better, but it's really useless," Andrew explained, drumming his fingers on the couch.

After Monique left with her dad, Andrew and I made our way to my dorm. We stayed in the lounging area, where it was warm and empty. Most of the students were either sleeping or at some Friday Night party. He then explained the reasons of his nonexistent relationship with Monique. It turned out that they did try dating three years ago, back in their freshman years. No one knew, of course. They were still testing it out. Though, he revealed that over the few weeks they were secretly dating, he'd fallen head over heels for her.

"I don't even know why I was so attracted," he whispered, chuckling dryly. "I mean, she was this little nerdy girl, complete with the glasses and the braces and all that, and I was me! I was Andrew-fucking-Winston, high school heart throb! I started kissing girls before I could even spell my name!"

I gave him a funny look. Well, that wasn't something I thought I'd ever hear. It was something I'd probably read from a book, but I never thought there were people like that. Well, I suppose those ideas had to come from someone else. "Please, do explain," I said, biting a smile. Andrew was so your typical male lead in a chick lit; I enjoyed reading into his life-it was like his story was one you'd read in a teen fiction novel. His story was a lot more exciting than I thought.

"Kelly What's-Her-Face. Kindergarten. A dare," he explained, waving his hand dismissively at the explanation. "It wasn't as bad as I thought. I think we got married a couple of times during recess. She would give me cookies every day. Then, this other girl gave me chocolate and I kissed her, too. After that, well, this other girl gave me jelly beans. And the rest is history."

I smiled, trying to picture a younger version of Andrew kissing around innocent girls for their cookies and chocolates. If it was me he was trying to kiss for my food when I was five, I would have punched him. I liked my Oreos. There was no way in hell I was going to give it to a boy in exchange for cooties.

"So how does this all connect to Monique?" I wondered, trying to piece his story together.

"Ella," he said with a sigh. He threw his legs up on the chair and leaned back on the couch. I glared at him. If we were at my house, I would probably nag him to get his feet off of the table. It was rather rude and weird. "I think you'd know. I was eighteen with hormones. And Mon was like this shiny, new toy I couldn't have. Why wouldn't I try to get it if I've gotten everything in life so easily?"

"And by everything, you mean..."

"The girls," he answered with a shrug. "I was the forbidden fruit; a touch of the dark side. The kind of guy you'd cheat on your boyfriend with or have a fling to piss off girl's Daddies. I was a huge mess."

"You keep saying 'was,'" I noted, raising a brow at him.

"'Cause when I finally got Dom to go on a date with me, I was ecstatic," he responded, a small smile gracing his lips at the memory. I noticed that every time he talked about Monique, there was a slight change in his voice-he sounded happier. "And when she kissed me, it was like she was a drug and I was on a fantastic high. Monique is perfect and every way, and I was ...Andrew-fucking-Winston. I was in academic prohibition, I was inhaling substances that aren't legal-I've done a lot of shameful things. I wasn't good enough for her, and I knew it."